Also, Brandon takes us on an in-depth journey over how not to use a box cutter. Yeah, this one goes a little off the rails…
The Nerd Stash Show #38 Episode Description
“Hello, and welcome back to another new episode of The Nerd Stash Show! The days are shorter, the air is chilling, the leaves are falling, and next-gen is almost upon us. We’re just a matter of days away from when both Microsoft and Sony launch their newest boxes for gamers to enjoy. So close, in fact, Microsoft lifted the embargo for the Xbox Series X|S yesterday, and the reviews started spilling all over the internet. How are the consoles being received? Is the Xbox Series X the next-gen console you should get? Is the Series S the value it’s positioned as? Let’s recap some reviews and break down what this means for you!
In other news, Bethesda has detailed the changes to their engine for Starfield and The Elder Scrolls 6, and the news is much appreciated. We also ran longer than we thought, so we had to wrap up with a series of Rapid Fire stories ranging from Watch Dogs Legion’s source code leaking, to Spider-Man: Miles Morales getting a Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse costume, and Elden Rings getting a mention!
Brandon also gives some lessons about Nevada (such as how far Reno and Las Vegas are from each other and how to pronounce the state’s name properly), and we end the show with some box cutter stories (one gets a tad graphic, so be warned). You won’t want to miss this one!”
- What Are We Playing? – 5:34
- Xbox Series X Review Roundup and Discussion – 19:12
- Xbox Series S Review Roundup and Discussion – 34:12
- Bethesda’s Engine is Getting Largest Upgrade Ever – 50:00
- Rapid Fire – 56:00
- Watch Dogs Legion
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- PlayStation 5 Won’t Be Sold In Stores on Launch Day
- PSVR Doesn’t Support PS5 Games, Only PS4 Titles
- PlayStation 5 Controller Haptics Can Be Turned Off
- Elden Ring Lives (Sort Of)
- Box Cutter Stories – 1:07:10
Where You Can Find Us
What are your thoughts on these Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S reviews? Do you have any crazy workplace accident stories? Let us know in the comments below!