MultiVersus is the latest platform fighter, aka Smash Bros-clone, from Warner Bros. Games and developer Player First Games. As you can expect, various popular names that fall under the Warner Bros. name, from DC Comics, Looney Tunes, to Game of Thrones are ready to duke it out in this 2v2 title. At what date and which platforms are exactly MultiVersus will be released? Read on below and find out all about this new crossover game.
MultiVersus: Release Date and Features
Warner Bros. Games has officially announced MultiVersus will launch on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC as a free-to-play title with a 2022 release date. [Updated: WarnerBros Games have confirmed that the game is going to be released in Public Open Beta state on July 26, 2022. And Season 1 starts on August 9].
For now, though, the release date for the full version hasn’t been revealed. The game will also have cross-platform and cross-progression between all platforms. Unfortunately, currently, there seems to be no plan for the game to come to Switch. It’s still not clear whether the PC version will be playable exclusively through Steam or Epic Games Store as well.
For online features, Player First Games founder Tony Hyunh said Multiverse will be released complete with dedicated servers and rollback netcode to keep seamless online gameplay for both intense competitive experiences and casual play on its release date. Customization options are available for every single character in the game. Either visually through several character skins or customizable perk loadout that will change how they play and how you synergize with your teammates.
MultiVersus: All Character Roster
At launch, there will be 13 different characters from various Warner Bros.-owned properties, ranging from Batman to Finn and even Shaggy, split into five roles. Nevertheless, Player First Games promise to regularly update MultiVerse post-release with new characters, stages, modes, in-game events, variants, and more. According to leaked information, upcoming characters might include Lord of the Rings‘ Gandalf and Johnny Bravo.
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones), voiced by Maisie Williams.
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time), voiced by Jeremy Shada.
- Harley Quinn (DC Comics), voiced by Tara Strong.
Bruiser, melee-focused attacker:
- Batman (DC Comics), voiced by Kevin Conroy.
- Garnet (Steven Universe), voiced by Estelle.
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time), voiced by John DiMaggio.
- Shaggy (Scooby-Doo), voiced by Matthew Lillard. Based on the Ultra Instinct Shaggy meme.
- Superman (DC Comics), voiced by George Newberg.
- Tazmanian Devil (Looney Tunes).
- LeBron James (Space Jam), voiced by John Bentley.
- Morty Smith (Rick and Morty).
Mage, ranged characters:
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes), voiced by Eric Bauza.
- Tom and Jerry (Tom and Jerry) voiced by Eric Bauza.
- Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty).
- Reindog (original character), voiced by Andrew Frankel.
- Steven Universe (Steven Universe), voiced by Daniel DiVenere.
- Velma Dinkley (Scooby-Doo).
- Wonder Woman (DC Comics), voiced by Abby Trot.
- The Iron Giant (The Iron Giant).
MultiVersus is scheduled for release in 2022 and will be free to play with full cross-play support and dedicated server-based rollback netcode.