Want to know where to find the Ice Beam TM in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet? All Pokemon naturally have definite movesets, but they rarely meet your requirements. Luckily, there are over 170 TMs in the game for all types of Pokémon, so you can pick one that suits your fighting style. If your team lacks powerful Ice-type moves, Ice Beam TM is what you need. Ice Beam TM has made numerous appearances in many games in the series and is a favorite choice for Ice-type Pokemon trainers. Fortunately, there are several ways in the game to find the Ice Beam TM in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and we will tell you about each of these.
Where to Find the Ice Beam TM in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
First of all, it is worth noting that you can get Ice Beam TM in several ways:
- Find TM in the vastness of the Paldea region.
- Craft a TM using a recipe and a set of ingredients.
Even if you want to go crafting right away, you won’t be able to do it. After all, as we said, you need a recipe for this TM. If you’ve progressed far enough in the game’s story, then you’ve probably already defeated the Fighting-type Team Star leader. In this case, the recipe is already in your pocket, and you can now go to the Pokemon Center and craft Ice Beam TM.
But if this boss is still far away or you are not ready to fight, you can unlock the TM recipe in another way. To do this, you must find an Ice Beam TM Pokeball in the open world. This way, you will get both the recipe and the finished TM that you can use on your Pokemon.
Luckily, there are three locations in the game to find the Ice Beam TM in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, so choose a point according to your abilities:
- Look for the first Poké Ball near the east wall of the Great Crater of Paldea. You must go a little below the East Province river and look near the rocks before reaching South Province (Area Three).
- To find the second Ice Beam TM Poké Ball, you must travel to the Glaseado Mountain area and climb to the top of the highest mountain. Your Koraidon or Miraidon needs to learn how to climb mountains, so take care of that beforehand.
- To find the third Ice Beam TM, you must travel to the northeast of Paldea. Your starting point will be where the river flows from Glaseado Mountain into the sea. Once on the beach, go south and look out to sea until you see a small island. Use your Koraidon or Miraidon to swim to this place and pick up the Ice Beam TM near the small rock.
How to Craft Ice BeamTM in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
If at least one of your Pokémon has Ice Beam, you can transfer that move to other Pokémon using Mirror Herb. But this method is quite expensive, and you can only use it once per Pokémon, so it’s not ideal. At the same time, once you get the Ice Beam TM recipe, you can craft as many copies as you like. So with the recipe for Ice Beam TM, head to your nearest Pokemon Center and craft Ice-type TM with the TM Machine:
- Shellder Pearl x3
- Delibird Parcel x3
- Cryogonal Ice x5