Commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Ace Combat series, publisher Bandai Namco and developer Project ACES will be releasing another paid DLCs for Ace Combat 7. Dubbed the 25th Anniversary DLC – Experimental Aircraft Series, the game’s latest DLC is scheduled to be released in spring 2021. The Tekken and Tales of publisher said that it will announce the price and a specific release date for each pack later. As seen in the trailer, Ace Combat 7 is getting three experimental planes picked straight from the United States Air Force’s arsenal:
- F-15 S/MTD, first (Takeoff and Landing / Maneuver Technology Demonstrator), first shows up in Ace Combat 4 as F-15 ACTIVE.
- FB-22 Strike Raptor (Stealth Fighter Bomber), previously named as FB-22 Concept in Ace Combat 5 and Joint Assault, and F/B-22 Concept in Skies of Deception.
- F-16XL (New Advanced Technical Fighter), debuted in Ace Combat 5.
Together with the experimental jets DLC, 13 new skins and emblems of enemy pilots and rival units from past series will also be available. In order to use the CFA-44 Butterfly Master Skin, you must already have bought the CFA-44 Nosferatu set DLC:
- From Ace Combat 2:
- Z.O.E. skin (YF-23 Black Widow II).
- From Ace Combat 5:
- Grabacr skin (Su-47 Berkut).
- Ofnir skin (Su-37 Terminator).
- Huckebein skin (MiG-21bis Fishbed).
- From Ace Combat Zero:
- Sorcerer skin (F-15 S/MTD).
- Wizard skin (F-16XL).
- From Ace Combat 6:
- Strigon skin (Su-33 Flanker-D).
- From Ace Combat Joint Assault:
- Varcolac skin (A-10C Thunderbolt II).
- From Ace Combat Assault Horizon:
- Markov skin (Su-35S Flanker-E).
- Markov skin (Su-57).
- Red Moon skin (MiG-29A Fulcrum).
- Flash skin (FB-22 Strike Raptor).
- From Ace Combat Infinity:
- Butterfly Master skin (CFA-44 Nosferatu).
Additionally, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the franchise, Bandai Namco Studio’s Sound Team and composer Keiki Kobayashi have been releasing remixes of the game’s soundtrack for the last few months over on the official ACE COMBAT YouTube channel. With the latest one being Warning Line -Concert remix- from Ace Combat 2.
Personally, I really like the remix of First Flight, Liberation of Gracemeria, and Night And Day the most. What do you think of the Ace Combat 7 experimental planes DLC pack and the remix project? Don’t forget to check them out and share your thoughts with us in the comments below.