Throughout Link’s travels, he’ll come across a character that needs help more often than a few times. If you’ve played Tears of the Kingdom for any length of time, no doubt you’ve met Addison, the Hudson Sign guy. If you haven’t met him, Addison is a tireless supporter promoting President Hudson. However, the poor guy can’t quite figure out how signs work, so they can’t stay up without him around to hold them. Luckily, there’s Ultrahand to the rescue that can help him get his signs together. In this article, we’ll review all Hudson sign locations in Tears of the Kingdom so that you can easily complete this fun sidequest.
How To Help Addison in Tears of the Kingdom
The first step toward finding all Hudson sign locations is not to start hunting for them. It’s better to understand what you’re doing with them first before you find them all over Hyrule. Addison is an NPC you’ll find about Hyrule in seemingly random locations. Helping him will reward you with all kinds of things, whether it be materials, food, or one-shot items that you can use throughout your adventures. Helping Addison is a simple matter. Talk to him, then use Ultrahand to construct a way to keep the sign from falling without Addison’s support. If you do so correctly, telling Addison to let the sign go will result in a functional sign (no matter how wacky it may look after you finish it).
RELATED: How To Get the Froggy Hood in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
As you find all Hudson sign locations, help Addison by reinforcing his sign. After he lets go of the sign, interact with Addison. The screen will black out, replacing your construction with a design made by Addison that keeps the sign standing all on its own. After this demonstration, Addison will give you some kind of reward for your effort. One good reminder to keep in your head concerning Hudson signs is that each one is different. Some require different stand designs. Others don’t need much help at all. Some are more top-heavy, while others simply require a good base to stand on their own. As you find each sign in Hyrule and help support it for Addison, consider giving it a once-over before you start building. It may help you in the long run, making each attempt worthwhile as you travel around helping these Hudson signs.
Tips for Hudson Sign Quests
If you’re unsure how to go about helping Addison, we have a few tips to keep in mind concerning all Hudson sign locations. Because they all are of different weights, shapes, and sizes, some might require a little more support near the top, while others could just do with a better-built base. Whatever the case, when it comes to completing these quests, the goal is to get as creative as possible with the resources you have on hand.
If you want to slap on a building philosophy to almost every sign, consider just building walls of planks around the sign. While this makes the sign a bit less like a sign and more like a block of wood, it will get the job done. Keep in mind, though, there are plenty of ways to accomplish the goal in stylish ways. We have a few ideas here for you to try as you search for all the Hudson sign locations in Tears of the Kingdom.
- The Stake is a great item for this kind of mission, as it makes supports sturdy.
- Zonai Devices are fair game, so if you can spare them, use them.
- Try using wooden boards as a foundation. That way, you have more area to work with.
- If you have Autobuild, save your designs from one sign to the next. That way, you can work with a prebuilt template as your starting ground each time.
- Consider the physics of the game. Weight likely matters more than you think it does.
- Keep in mind that your construction doesn’t have to be fullproof. It just has to support the sign for a few moments. That being said, this gives you plenty of licenses to make the support as silly as possible if your heart desires.
All Hudson Sign Locations in Tears of the Kingdom
We have a list of locations and coordinates for all the Hudson sign locations. We’ve divided them by general location and have some coordinates for each:
- North of the Great Plateau (-0875, -1468, 0021)
- East of Lookout Landing (0671, 0002, 0025)
- North of Reito VIllage (-3614, 2191, 0143)
- West of Tabantha Great Bridge (-3321, 0507, 0169)
- Tabantha Frontier (-1873, 2322, 0239)
- North of Herbra South Summit Cave (-3252, 2568, 0448)
- North of Snowfield Stable (-1072, 2800, 0183)
- Lake Hylia (-0142, -2122, 0020)
- Kakariko Village, southeast (2100, -1261, 0134)
- Sahasra Slope (1495, -0988, 0156)
- Near Dueling Peaks Stable, East (1973, -1900, 0023)
- Hateno Village (3138, -2140, 0062)
- East Ekochio Shrine (1309, 1225, 0115)
- Thims Bridge (1342,0802, 0021)
- Bridge of Eldin (2264, 2316, 0519)
- Mercay Island (1712, 0095, 0047)
- Gerudo (1609, -2245, -0016)
- Akkala Ancient Tech Lab (4448, 3077, 0215)
- Sinatika Shrine (3871,2470, 0055)
- Akkala Stable (3158, 1628, 0204)
What do you think of our advice? How do you like these missions with Addison? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!