Ubisoft fans have had a lot on their plate lately. Seeing as the publisher has been very active in terms of releasing new content over the past week. One of them is of course the first major Assassin’s Creed Valhalla expansion landing tomorrow! Unfortunately, the expansion was delayed due to unknown reasons. However, Ubisoft has lived up to its promise of releasing the expansion.
Known as Wrath of The Druids, the next adventure for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is a trip to the courageous lands of Ireland. To where a mysterious cult lies within the irregular Irish soil… and of course, Eivor has been tasked with unveiling the cult, as well as witnessing their true roots. Furthermore, the story sets the player on a great journey, lead by a long-lost cousin of Eivor – Barid. Throughout the vast environment, factions are prime to be united, to where Eivor is swiftly drafted by the High-King of Ireland. With the use of wit, as well as their axe, it looks like Eivor is their only hope at taking on this new threat.
In addition, seeing as this is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s first expansion, there will be many new areas to explore. From three new provinces to admire, as well as the city of Dublin. History will be making a return. Not to mention, the expansion will inevitably include famous landmarks existing amongst Ireland. Some of which are the Giant’s Causeway, Tara Hill, Black Pig’s Dyke, and Ben Bulben.
All in all, here’s what is coming to Wrath of the Druids – the first Assassin’s Creed expansion:
- Accomplish the Royal Demands from the Gaelic Kings to gather resources.
- Claim and conquer the Ring Forts of Ireland, form alliances to dominate the trade routes to build Dublin’s wealth and establish it as the primary seat of commerce
- Trade rare resources and exotic rewards with overseas nations to make Dublin a thriving city.
- Master a brand new type of weapon: the Sickle, a fast and deadly blade that can be dual-wielded.
- Use new abilities and skills like the Viking Salute, the Smoke Bomb Arrow, the Irish Hound Summoning, and the Sickle Combo.
- Battle and defeat new powerful enemies including the Children of Danu, a mysterious cult of Druids; Drengrs; Irish factions; and new mythical creatures.
- Discover a variety of new gear and weapons, and more customisation options for Eivor’s longship, horse, raven, tattoos, hair, and settlement decorations.
Being the first major expansion releasing to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, there is truly a bulk of hype surrounding it. Likewise, early this year, fans got a sneak peek at Wrath of The Druids coming to their Valhalla in the form of a minor tease from Ubisoft. But look no further, as we are welcomed by it at first glance tomorrow!
What are your thoughts on this new expansion surrounding the notorious lands of Ireland? Let us know in the comments