Daum Games has announced that the first beta test for Black Desert Online will be beginning next month in North America and Europe.
The beta test for Black Desert Online is set to begin on December 16th, and will run until December 22nd. Players will be able to access all of the content from the alpha, as well as the Tamer class and the Calpheon region. This region also includes a major city of the same name.
After the alpha, Daum Games made some changes to the game based on player feedback. These changes include:
- Improved character customization, including 30 new skin tones, 40 new hair colors, new beards, and a bald option for male characters
- Improved balance of character classes
- Improved weather cycles, including darker and occasionally stormy nights and lanterns that can be purchased from NPCs to help players in the dark
- Newly enabled features such as the much requested walking mode and more
- Adjustment of HP Potions to improve the PvP challenges
- Fully localized English text
- Level cap set to 50.99% with PVP unlocked at level 30
Black Desert is an upcoming sandbox-oriented massively multiplayer online role-playing game by Korean video game developer Pearl Abyss. The game has been in development since 2010, and entered closed beta testing in October 2013. The game uses Pearl Abyss’ own “Black Desert” engine, specifically created to handle the fast rendering required for its seamless world and large-scale castle sieges.
Black Desert will be released using “free-to-play” model in Korea, Japan and Russia, although no further details of the business model or revenue generation have been announced, while in Europe and North America the game will use “buy-to-play” model.
Black Desert Online is set to launch in early 2016 on PC.
I am an aspiring journalist with dreams to make it to the conventions and play with the big boys of the game industry. When I’m not writing about games, I’m playing and enjoying them. Some say that I have an obsession, but I don’t. I have a really expensive hobby.