Update 1.2.3 for Call of the Wild has arrived, and here are all the changes and improvements mentioned in the patch notes. Some of the improvements with this patch include better vehicle collisions, deeper character customization, and a whole lot of bug fixes. Here is the complete list of patch notes for update 1.2.3 for Call of the Wild:
Call of the Wild Update 1.2.3 Patch Notes
- We introduced a series of improvements to address the way vehicle collisions react with in-world objects, allowing players to glance off of things easier.
- We gave the character customization feature a makeover to fix several issues and improve your overall experience.
- The Scavenger Hunt mission flow has been given a polished. Now you’ll be taken directly to the Journal to see the clues for the next step.
- Multiplayer sessions have been optimized! Now it will take less time for all players to show up in the game.
- The casting behavior has been adjusted, allowing for greater control over the range of your cast based on the speed and timing of your inputs.
- Torbjørn’s eyes between the time of 6-7 AM would glow bright yellow. Torbjørn has since visited the optician and had the necessary treatment.
- The clue for the second part of the Huldraskogen Scavenger Hunt was partially clipping into a wall. This item has now been repositioned to a safe space.
- In specific locations across Golden Ridge Reserve, the waves and foam on the water weren’t working as intended. This now has been fixed.
- Resolved a problem that saw the player’s rod remain present on screen when interacting with the shop or lookout towers.
- Changing from Low to Medium graphics preset would turn the rod & player invisible locally. This issue no longer occurs.
- It is no longer possible to collide with other vehicles when ghosted.
- We have adjusted the boat being docked on land at the Northern Båtutleie (Boat Hire) location at Stallojavri lake in Trollsporet Nature Reserve.
- The missing collision on the Huldra statue and a selection of rocks in Trollsporet Nature Reserve has been fixed.
- Waypoint markers would now reappear correctly in Trollsporet Nature Reserve Fishing Challenges after fast traveling or reloading into the reserve.
- The arrows for rotating your character in customization when using a mouse now highlight and rotate the character as intended.
- The volume sliders now immediately adjust the audio levels rather than only after accepting the changes, making it much easier to set the right volume balance.
- Fishing Mission Challenge 13 has been fixed so that fish now spawn in the correct area, unblocking progress for this mission.
- It was possible to catch the wrong fish and successfully progress a number of the fishing challenges in Trollsporet Nature Reserve. This issue has been resolved.
- Player’s floats in multiplayer now correctly sit on the water’s surface in all scenarios.
Update 1.2.3 for Call of the Wild is available on PC and SteamOS only. For more information on future updates and patch notes, head over to the official Call of the Wild website here.