The July 17 update has been released for Counter-Strike 2, and here are the patch notes, including bug fixes and changes that arrived with this update. It’s been a while since we saw the previous patch for Counter-Strike 2. That’s because the game is in a limited test, and Valve only releases updates for big changes they could make. Today is one of the big days; some of the maps you know from CS: GO are arriving on CS2’s map playlists. There are also bug fixes and technical improvements players expect. Here are the patch notes for the July 17 update of Counter-Strike 2.
Counter-Strike 2 July 17 Patch Notes Including New Maps
- Added Wingman game mode
- Added Overpass to Deathmatch, Casual, Wingman, and Competitive game modes
- Added Vertigo to Deathmatch and Casual game modes
- Removed Nuke and Office
- Enabled undo/redo buttons
- Various bug fixes
Miscellaneous – Counter-Strike 2 July 17 Patch Notes Including New Maps
- Added the “Secondary Fire Hold” option to the input settings menu
- The halftime countdown timer is now visible
- Fixed a case where the camera would not interpolate correctly when switching between chase and roaming spectator modes.
- Fixed a case where the viewmodel weapon would disappear for one frame when switching in-eye spectator targets.
- Added leading zeroes on the StatTrak module
- Glove patterns and wear now more closely align with CS:GO versions
- Various improvements to foil stickers
- Various adjustments to the size of stickers applied to weapons
As you see above, the developers are working to make the game work properly like its elder brother. It’s a big transformation happening for the Counter-Strike franchise. As we have seen many times on Steam reports, CS: GO is always one of the top 3 games with the most active players. Valve has now integrated Source 2 into our CS experience for years, and it’s releasing Counter-Strike 2.
Even though it’s a separate game at the moment, it will be an update for CS: GO and replace it. That’s why every change is something that should be followed by CS: GO fanbase.
Counter-Strike 2 is available on PC.