If you are eager to raise your very own digital fish, unlocking and taking care of Gyao in Dave the Diver will be the perfect distraction. In Dave the Diver, you’ll not only manage your sushi restaurant — to which you’ll have to bring your supply of fish —but also a Tamagotchi-style mini-game called GYAO. In this mini-game, you will guide your fish through each growth stage if you wish to reach the ultimate achievement. Here’s everything you need to know about the process.
How To Unlock Gyao in Dave the Diver
You must complete a “Stormy Night” side quest for Sato to unlock the Gyao mini-game in Dave the Diver. This is a late-game side quest in which you’ll enter a whirlpool to defeat a Mantis Shrimp boss. The Stormy Night side quest will be complete upon defeating the boss, and Gyao will be unlocked.
How To Take Care of Gyao
In this mini-game, you will find several tabs at the top and bottom of the fish position. These tabs will provide instructions and guide you through the game.
- Meals – Gyao’s hunger level is on the management screen. The amount of food portions you have given your fish will be displayed as you feed them.
- Play – Play with Gyao to increase its level of affection. A shell game is available in which three shells will move, and you must find the pearl hidden under one of them.
- Clean – Press the clean button if your fish’s environment is dirty with excrement on the sides.
- Heal – Learn how to heal your fish with this Gyao Guide from Dave the Diver. On the right side of the screen, you will notice a purple skull when Gyao needs medical attention. If this skull appears, press the medicine button to cure it.
- Lighting – You will have to manage Gyao’s sleep during the night. To ensure a good rest, you should turn off the lights.
- Warning – If you overlook any of the above items, don’t worry. If your Gyao has a problem, this tab will light up.
- Discipline – Train your fish with this Gyao Guide from Dave the Diver. If you notice your fish making unusual sounds or movements but does not need to eat or clean itself and seems happy, you should click on the discipline tab. This will increase its training level and turn off the warning light.
- Options – Turn notifications on and off your phone. This will give you a break when you don’t want to play the mini-game.
- Memories – Find and remember your previous Gyaos.
- Manage – Visualize your progress, as well as the age and current weight of your Gyao.
How To Get the “Gyao Master” Achievement in Dave the Diver
Once you have raised and cared for your Gyao and brought them to their final form of evolution, you will receive a poster as a reward for your first achievement. Afterward, you can start the game again with a new fish. If you breed and care for 5 Gyaos until they reach their final evolution form, you will get the “Gyao Master” achievement.
Dave the Diver is available on PC and Nintendo Switch.