Destiny 2, upcoming Season 18, will bring much-anticipated changes into the game, most notably the Arc 3.0 rework, which will expand the electric power even more, especially for area-of-effect and crowd-control skills. However, while Bungie is keeping a tight lid on other Season 18 details, it seems that the underperforming Scout Rifle weapon type is getting a much-needed buff on August 24, 2022, when Destiny 2 Season 18 drops.
Scout Rifle Buff in Destiny 2 Season 18
On August 11, 2022, This Week at Bungie developer blog, Bungie mentioned that it is buffing four “under-utilized” weapon types:
- Scout Rifles (for PvE).
- Heavy Grenade Launchers (for PvE).
- High-Impact Auto Rifles.
- And Lightweight Bows.
The team said they felt that Scout Rifles could still “use a bit of love” in PvE scenarios. For that reason, Scout Rifle is getting a 10% damage buff against Minors (red bar enemies) along with the baseline damage buff given in the Solstice 2022 balance patch. And these are the balance changes in the Solstice patch:
Precision (180 RPM):
- Increased body damage from 34 to 38, crit moves from 54.4 to 60.8.
- Can 2 crit 2 body against 197 HP (health + shields) or lower, kills in 1.33s in body shots against 190 HP or lower, 1.67s against higher resilience.
High Impact (150 RPM):
- Increased body damage from 38.2 to 42, crit moves from 66.9 to 73.5.
- Can 2 crit 1 body against 189 HP or lower, kills in 1.60s in body shots.
But that’s not all. Bungie also said that Scout Rifles might get future tweaks during Destiny 2 Season 18 mid-Season patch or sometime in Season 19. High Impact Scout Rifle “ease of use” could be a part of several “small, targeted balance changes” in PvP scenarios.
That’s basically the gist of it. For more details, don’t forget to read all the juicy bits on August 11, 2022, This Week at Bungie blog.