There are loads of Quests available to complete in Elden Ring. Some require you to best otherworldly opponents, while others task you with exploring the world and characters populating the Lands Between. One such Quest is the Preceptor Seluvis’ Questline, where you’re helping him with a dastardly plan to betray not just one but two key characters in Elden Ring. Continue reading below if you want to aid the scheming sorcerer — or trick him — and complete Elden Ring‘s Seluvis’ Questline.
Starting the Seluvis’ Questline in Elden Ring
- First, complete the Caria Manor dungeon and defeat Royal Knight Loretta in Liurnia of the Lakes.
- This will unlock the Three Sisters area and Ranni’s Rise tower. Head to Ranni’s Rise, the center tower of the Three Sisters buildings.
- A dragon is guarding Ranni’s Rise entrance, but you can just avoid fighting it.
- Go to the highest floor to meet Ranni the Witch and begin her Questline.
- She will ask you to speak with her loyal servants: Preceptor Seluvis, Blaidd the Half-Wolf, and War Counselor Iji. Talk to them and finish each of their dialogue options.
- Seluvis will show up as a ghost on the bottom floor of Ranni’s Rise.
- Go back to Ranni and pledge yourself to her.
- Now reload the area and proceed to Seluvis’ Rise, which is the farthest left tower in the Three Sisters area. Talk to him to start the Questline.
- If you go back to Seluvis’ ghost, he’ll tell you to go to his tower.
Getting and Using Seluvis’ Potion
Video courtesy of Games from Mars.
- Seluvis will make a request: deliver a peculiar potion to a woman named Nepheli Loux. This is an offer you can’t refuse if you want to finish the Quest.
- Once accepted, you can buy Sorceries from him.
- After getting the Seluvis’ Potion key item, you have three options that will impact the Quest’s ending:
- Giving Nepheli Loux the potion:
- Talk to Nepheli in the Roundtable Hold.
- If you haven’t met her yet, try looking for her in the Village of the Albinaurics next to a pile of burning villagers in Liurna of the Lakes. Exhaust her dialogues.
- Summon Nepheli and beat the Omenkiller, boss of the Village of the Albinaurics. Afterward, she should show up in the Roundtable Hold.
- She can be found in the storage area next to the Smithing Master Hewg, the Blacksmith.
- Keep doing her Quest until she shares how she discovered that Sir Gideon, her father, killed the Albinaurics.
- After this, you can give her Seluvis’ Potion.
- Keep in mind that this will turn her into a puppet and kill her, locking you from completing Nepheli’s Questline.
- Giving Gideon the potion:
- If you want to spare Nepheli, you can give the potion to Gideon instead.
- After learning about the Albinaurics, go to Sir Gideon and ask him about the incident.
- Then tell him about Seluvis’ Potion and give it to him.
- Later Seluvis will be confused, but he won’t blame you. He’ll assume there has been a mistake with the potion and that it wasn’t effective.
- Giving the Dung Eater the potion:
- The third option is to hand Dung Eater the potion.
- You need to gain access to Leyndell and complete part of the Dung Eater’s Questline.
- Get to the point where you can feed Seedbed Curses to the Dung Eater at the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds.
- Then administer him Seluvis’ Potion instead.
- Choosing this option will lock you out of the Dung Eater ending and turn him into a purchasable puppet from Seluvis.
- Giving Nepheli Loux the potion:
- Return to Seluvis’ Rise in the Three Sisters area. No matter what you’ve done, you’ll be able to continue on with the Quest.
- Now you must find Seluvis’ secret room. Head over to the Illusory Wall between Renna and Ranni’s Rise in the Three Sisters area.
- Head northeast from Ranni’s Rise to the small ruins. Right above the hidden entrance, you should find an enemy.
- Nepheli’s body can be found here if you gave her the potion.
- Reload the area, return to Seluvis, and ask him about the underground lair. Seluvis will reward your intuition by giving you one of his puppets as a Spirit Summon: Finger Maiden Therolina Puppet or the Jarwight Puppet.
- After picking one of them, reload the area again. Purchase all of Seluvis’ Sorceries to unlock the “I want a new puppet” dialogue option.
- You’ll be given Starlight Shards, allowing you to purchase another puppet.
Completing Seluvis’ Questline (and Betraying Ranni the Witch) in Elden Ring
- Now that you’ve bought all of his Sorceries and gained a second Summon, a new dialogue option will be unlocked.
- He reveals a plot that requires you to find an item called Amber Starlight. Agree to help Seluvis and exhaust all his dialogues.
- Head to the Altus Plateau to find it.
- Amber Starlight is near the Altus Highway Junction Site of Grace.
- East of the Site of Grace, the road will break off into an open cave.
- Amber Starlight is located on the foot of a statue surrounded by Land Octopuses.
- Return to Seluvis with the Amber Starlight and speak with him once again. After finishing all of his dialogue, he’ll give you the Magic Scorpion Charm.
Magic Scorpion Charm is the last item reward you can get from Seluvis, and you don’t have to interact with him from this point on. However, you can continue helping him and betray Ranni if you wish:
- Continue with your game, checking up on Seluvis once in a while. Eventually, he will give you something called the Amber Draught.
- Go to Ranni in her tower and administer the Amber Draught. In this case, she’ll be angry, so you can no longer continue with her Questline.
- Nevertheless, simply head to the Church of Vows in Liurnia of the Lakes to absolve your sins if you want to undo this. Read our guide on Church of Vows to find it.