Want to know how to gift skins in Fortnite? It’s no secret that the number of skins in Fortnite has long exceeded several hundred. Constant collaborations, updates, and events bring hundreds of unique skins to the game, and you can get them in different ways. One way to get a new skin is to buy it from the in-game store with real money or V-Bucks. In addition, you can please not only yourself but also your friends. Fortnite has a feature that allows you to buy and gift skins to another player, and our guide will help you learn how to do it.
How to Gift Skins in Fortnite
First, we would like to clarify that you will not be able to give a skin from your collection. No matter how you got a particular skin, if it ended up in your item collection, it will stay there forever.
If you want to gift skins in Fortnite to your friend in Fortnite or other players, here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the tab of the in-game Item Shop in Fortnite.
- Select the item, skin, emote, or item set you want to gift to another player.
- Once on the item page, click on the Buy As A Gift button.
- Next, you must select a recipient from your friend list. If you have a lot of friends, enter their nickname in the Enter Display Name field.
- After that, click Gifting Policy at the bottom of the screen, and then click Confirm.
- After a few seconds, the player’s nickname and the gift you want to give will appear on the screen.
- If you are sure of your decision, click Purchase Gift. The recipient will receive their gift immediately after that.
You should also be aware of a few Fortnite features and rules regarding sending gifts:
- In order to gift, your account must have multi-factor authentication enabled.
- You can only send a gift to players who have been on your friend’s list for more than 48 hours.
- Before you click Purchase Gift in the last step, you can choose the color of the gift box. To do this, click Wrap Options and select one of the suggested box colors.