The Thunder Manifestation is the new Inazuma Boss enemy from the Genshin Impact 2.1 update. You will need to defeat and eventually farm this Oceanid lookalike to get the Storm Beads Character Ascension Materials to level up the two Inazuma characters, Raiden Shogun and Kujou Sara. Here’s where you can find and unlock Thunder Manifestation as well as the best strategy to defeat Genshin Impact‘s boss.
Where to Find Thunder Manifestation in Genshin Impact
First, to unlock Thunder Manifestation you have to finish the “Seirai Stormchasers” World Quest quest chain. To start the somewhat lengthy quest that involves exploration and a few puzzles, go to Katheryn in Inazuma. The storm in the middle of the Seirai Islands will clear up after you’ve finished with the quest and the Thunder Manifestation will show up on Amakumo Peak. You will have to defeat Thunder Manifestation before its World Boss version is unlocked.
Here are all the items that can be dropped by Thunder Manifestation:
- Artifact Sets:
- Traveling Doctor
- The Exile
- Prayers for Wisdom
- Gladiator’s Finale
- Wanderer’s Troupe
- Character Ascension Materials:
- Storm Beads
- Vajrada Amethyst Sliver
- Vajrada Amethyst Chunk
- Vajrada Amethyst Fragment
- Vajrada Amethyst Gemstone
Recommended Characters to Easily Defeat Thunder Manifestation in Genshin Impact
As you can expect, the Thunder Manifestation is immune to all kinds of Electro damage. Funny enough, that means characters from the 2.1 update, Raiden Shogun and Kujou Sara, as well as Beidou are practically useless. Ditch them and pick characters with Pyro or Cryo elements or Bow and Catalyst users instead. Their ranged attacks and/or homing abilities will prove useful since Thunder Manifestation likes to float high and you have to dodge its attacks often.
|Childe||Ganyu (Elemental Burst)||Noelle||Diona|
|Ganyu (Elemental Burst)||Hu Tao||Zhongli (Elemental Burst)||Jean|
|Xingqiu (Elemental Burst)|
- Traveler (Geo)
Thunder Manifestation Attack Patterns
- Flies into the air and releases several pulsing Electro probes around the arena, dealing Electro damage. Thunder Manifestation gains 25% Rage if it enters the range of one of the probes while pulsing.
- Performs random lightning strikes around the arena.
- After reaching 75% HP it unleashes a full Electro shockwave and automatically enters Enraged mode (if not Enraged).
- Can teleport.
- Curls up and rotates its wings, quickly slicing forward.
- Flies into the air and roars, sending out huge area-of-effects Electro shockwaves.
- Summons two walls of lightning that quickly close into your position.
- Shoots out five sets of electric feathers.
- Flies and repositions itself near the border of the arena, then it dives forward in a straight line.
- Flies up and calls several lightning bolts to your position. The bolts will strike in a circular area, and for every wave, it will strike three times.
- Charges up and targets a player with a thunder circle for a short duration. The circle will then stop and activate, unleashing an electrical prison that homes in a player if touched or inside of.
Any player that gets hit by Thunder Manifestation’s attacks will lock the boss’s attention to that particular target.
Strategy to Defeat Thunder Manifestation in Genshin Impact
Thunder Manifestation is made of pure Electro energy and completely immune to all Electro attacks. Usually, it sticks low to the ground and can be easily hit by Claymore, Polearm, or Sword characters. However, Thunder Manifestation also likes to move around quickly and sometimes hovers a bit too high so Bow and Catalyst characters are more effective in this fight.
As a boss enemy, Thunder Manifestation has massive amounts of HP and dodges a lot. As such, try not to rush the fight recklessly and just play it safe. Go in for incremental damage once you’re sure of the window of opportunity. It starts the combat in a not Enraged state and only unleashes probes and occasional shockwaves that you can easily get out of. Despite that, each time you get hit Thunder Manifestation’s Enraged bar will slowly fill up. The bar automatically fills if you get caught in one of the shockwaves or once it reached 75% health.
Once Enraged, the Thunder Manifestation will launch extremely powerful attacks that deal massive damage. For instance, the Electro walls can easily kill you in 1-2 hits. Utilize Crystallize using Geo characters to generate Electro shards to mitigate its attacks. At this point, Thunder Manifestation also likes to teleport all over the arena. Dashing or moving behind it through sprinting to dodge straight past its big attack or after one of its openings should prevent it from teleporting.
And as stated above, Thunder Manifestation’s attention can be locked to a particular player if they get hit. You can abuse this strategy in co-op play, where tank players grab the boss’s attention while others safely focus on attacking the Thunder Manifestation.