Today’s the day. The long-awaited Chapter 4 of Fortnite is here. During yesterday’s event, players were able to get a tease of some of the skins that were arriving and even the new map. However, there were some things that we didn’t see and have arrived today. Some of them are the new Augments. This is something new that hasn’t been part of Fortnite before. Augments are items that enhance some of your abilities during the match. These can give you some gliding time even from low heights and even some health regeneration. To make the Augments fair, they are not something you can load before the match. Instead, playing the match will give you some of them. This guide will tell you how to activate an Augment in Fortnite Chapter 4.
How to get Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4
Before knowing how to activate them, let’s see how to get the new Augments. These new buffs can be treated as perks. Over the course of the match, you will be getting some Augments, the longer you survive, the more chances you’ll get to get new of these perks. You don’t have to do anything else other than play the game. If you do, you will get an option of two Augments. They are always random, but you can re-roll to get a new set.
How to activate an Augment in Fortnite Chapter 4
If you are happy with your Augments, all you have to do is select ‘Activate’ on the Augment selection screen. This will give you the passive buff of your choice. Also, the longer you survive, the more Augments you’ll be able to get, letting you experiment with your loadout, which is a great thing in normal and competitive matches. These are all the Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 so far:
- Aerialist: Ability to redeploy your Glider
- Bloodhound: Enemies hit by a marksman rifle or bow are marked
- Bow Specialist: Bows reload faster, and arrows generate passively
- Bush Warrior: Regenerate health while standing in a bush or other foliage
- Chug Gunner: Receive a Chug Cannon.
- Demolitions Munitions: Objects you destroy have a chance to drop explosives
- First Assault: Your first bullet of an Assault Rifle magazine deals more damage
- Forecast: Learn where the next Storm Circles will be
- Jelly Angler: Get a fishing rod that lets you fish Jellyfish only in any place on the map
- Light Fingers: Reload faster
- Mechanical Archer: Gives you a Mechanical Explosive Bow & Shockwave Bow
- More Parkour: Energy regenerates after mantling
- Party Time: Passively receive balloons
- Pistol Amp: Increases the size of a pistol’s magazine
- Rifle Recycle: Weapons that need medium ammo may not use ammo at all
- Rushing Reload: Springing reloads your equipped shotgun
- Soaring Sprints: Jump higher when sprinting
- Splash Medic: Chance of finding Chug Splash in all containers
- Storm Mark: Mark enemies for a short duration when the storm changes
- Supercharged: Vehicles don’t consume fuel
- Tactical Armory: Receive a rare Tactical AR Shotgun and a Combat Shotgun
- Tricked Out: Apply Chonkers and Cow Catcher to any vehicle you enter
As you can see, these new Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 are great. They offer some incredible abilities you can use while playing to get more Battle Pass experience. Plus, combining them with more and coordinating with your team can make you a force to be reckoned with. So, this is all we have on how to activate an Augment in Fortnite Chapter 4. Now, you can jump off the new bus and head to Fortnite’s new Chapter to try all it has brought.