Do you want to know how to catch Chien-Pao in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet? Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is among the most popular games in the Pokemon series, and it features various Pokemon to capture. Chien-Pao is one of them. This Legendary Pokemon has caught much attention from Pokemon trainers in the last few weeks. This guide will show you how to catch Chien-Pao in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Who is Chien-Pao in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet?
Chien-Pao is an Ice-type Ruinous Pokémon introduced in Generation IX. It is known as the ruinous Pokémon. Chien-Pao has the ability Sword of Ruin which allows it to cause ruin with a single strike. Chien-Pao is also available in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. In terms of appearance, Chien-Pao looks like a cross between a Tiger and a Snow Leopard. It is white with blue stripes and shiny blue eyes. Chien-Pao is a powerful pokemon and should not be taken lightly. It is one of the Pokemon you want on your team when playing Scarlet and Violet.
How to catch Chien-Pao in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet?
You can Catch Chien-Pao by using Pokemons that are Resistance to Ice/Dark Type moves. You can find Chien-Pao at the Icerned Shrine in the Western area of the map. To unlock Chien-Pao, you must place Eight Ominous Stakes, which also you can find around this area. There is a total of 32 Ominous Stakes, which might be harder to find. But if you complete the Academy History Class, the history professor will mark all Ominous Stakes locations on the map, which greatly helps. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to the Icerned Shrine. You might find little hard to get to it since the Shrine is located between many mountains in the area. You will see a yellow plate-type glowing object attached to the hill, and that is the Icerned Shrine (or Yellow Shrine)
- Once you get into this place, remember to save the game since you will battle with a legendary pokemon.
- Once you are ready to interact with the Shrine, Chien-Pao will come out.
- Use Pokemon such as Azumarill, Quaqua, Persian, Koraidon, and Shai-Hulud to weaken Chien-Pao.
- Once the health of Chien-Pao becomes low, use Ultra Balls to capture it. Sometimes you will have to use more than one Pokemon Ball since Chien-Pao is a Legendary pokemon, and it might break free from the balls.
There you have it, a guide on how to catch Chien-Pao in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. With the right strategy and perseverance, you can see Chien-Pao and complete your Pokedex. Good luck, and happy hunting!