Do you want to know how to complete Serenade to Kaysa side quest in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom? While many side quests won’t give you benefits other than Rupees, Serenade to Kaysa is not one of them. After all, finding and unlocking all four Fairy Fountains is an essential step toward defeating Ganondorf. Of course, you can fight bosses with your skills and weapons alone, but thanks to fairies like Kaysa, you can improve Link’s equipment. But Kaysa will not come out of her flower bud until she hears Serenade and you finish The Flute Player’s Plan. So we are here to help you and tell you how to complete Serenade to Kaysa in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Serenade to Kaysa Walkthrough
To accept the Serenade to Kaysa side quest, travel to the Outskirt Stable in the Hyrule Field southwest. You can walk there on the central roads, but it’s much faster to fast travel to Tsutsu-um Shrine and walk a little north. You will notice the musical troupe and their Mastro conductor near the stable. Talk to him to find out why the Great Fairy does not want to open the bud, after which you will accept the Serenade to Kaysa quest.
It is worth noting that Serenade to Kaysa side quest consists of two stages:
- First, you must return flute player Pyper to the musical troupe. For this, you must complete The Flute Player’s Plan side quest.
- Secondly, you must build a cart to deliver the troupe to the fairy bud.
How To Complete The Flute Player’s Plan in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
First, you must go to the Highland Stable location in the southwestern part of the Faron region (the nearest point for fast travel to Utsushok Shrine). You will hear music coming from a small tree near the stable. Climb the tree, talk to NPC Pyper, and accept The Flute Player’s Plan quest.
After talking to Pyper, you will learn that he tried to recreate the glowing tree of Haite’s dreams but failed. But now he wants to repeat it using fireflies. To complete The Flute Player’s Plan in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, you must collect ten Sunset Fireflies and bring them to Pyper. Here’s how to do it.
- Wait until night and head north of the stables to the Faron Woods.
- There are a lot of sunset fireflies here, but they are relatively timid. So you have to sneak up on them to catch them.
- After collecting ten sunset fireflies, return to Pyper and give him these bugs.
- He will ask you to bring a girl named Haite to him so that she can look at his performance.
- Wait for the night and enter the tent to talk to Haite near the wooden pillar.
- Ask for Haite to follow you and return to Pyper.
- Once he shows his performance, you will complete The Flute Player’s Plan.
How to Complete The Broken Slate in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Completing Serenade to Kaysa Quest
Completing The Flute Player’s Plan quest, return to the Outskirt Stable and speak to Mastro again. He will thank you for returning Pyper but will ask you to create a vehicle to deliver the troupe to the Great Fairy flower bud. Here’s how to do this one.
- Pay attention to the road to the left of the scene. You will notice a large stone plate with wheels and one wheel lying by itself. Place the makeshift vehicle on the road and stick the fourth wheel with the Ultrahand.
- Also, you will find a steering wheel to the left of the large boulder. Stick it on a stone plate to be able to control it.
- Next, grab the wooden cart near the troupe and stick it behind your structure.
- Talk to Mastro again and ask him to get on the cart.
Once the musical troupe gets into the cart, get behind the wheel and deliver them up the hill to the flower bud. Try to carry them carefully so that Mastro does not make you do it again. Reaching the hilltop, you will activate a cutscene where the musical troupe starts playing, and Kaysa emerges from the open bud. After that, you will complete Serenade to Kaysa and unlock the new Great Fairy.
Tears of the Kingdom is available on Nintendo Switch.