Do you want to know how to fix the standard “Required Dependencies” error in Valorant? Valorant is a popular FPS game, but unfortunately, there can be a lot of errors that hinder your gaming experience. One of the most common issues is the “Required Dependencies” error, which can occur when the game fails to download specific files needed for its operation. This guide will tell you how to fix the standard “Required Dependencies” error in Valorant.
What is The Required Dependencies Error in Valorant?
Suppose you’ve encountered the infamous “Required Dependencies” error in Valorant. Don’t worry. You’re not alone! This pesky little issue pops up when crucial files are missing or not playing smoothly in your game’s installation folder. As a result, Valorant refuses to start, leaving you unable to jump into the action with your friends.
How to Fix Required Dependencies Error in Valorant?
You can fix the “Required Dependencies” error in Valorant by deleting the VGC and VGK files and installing the Vanguard. As per one of the Reddit threads about this error, this is the most effective way to solve the issue. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open the command prompt in administrator mode.
- Type “sc delete vgc.”
- Type “sc delete vgk.”
- Restart the PC.
- Go to the C:/ProgramFiles/ and delete the Vanguard folder.
- Relaunch the Valorant, and it will ask you to relaunch the game to install it.
- Relaunch it, and it will install the Vanguard on its own.
Once you have completed all these steps, your game should run without any more errors! Unfortunately, however, some people in the same thread failed to fix the Valorant Required Dependencies Error. If so, you can always try classic game error-fixing methods as below.
- Update your Graphics Card drivers: Go to your Graphics Card manufacturer’s website, download the latest version of drivers, and install them on your PC.
- Verify Integrity Of Game Files: This feature of Steam will check and see if your game files are up-to-date. If there’s an issue, it will fix them for you.
If the issue persists, contact game support for a possible solution. Hopefully, this guide was able to help you fix the “Required Dependencies” error in Valorant. If you have any further questions, feel free to comment below, and we’ll try our best to help you! Good luck, and have fun playing.
Also, Valorant is only available for PC.