Do you want to know how to refund your Fortnite account? The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) sued the game for $520 million for unfair practices. The FTC found that the game encouraged children to make purchases without parental consent and ultimately settled with the developers of Fortnite for over $520 Million. Fortnite has agreed to settle this amount in two terms paying $275 million to the government to resolve the claims against the compliance violation and another $245 million for refunding the affected players if you believe that you or someone else is eligible for a refund from Fortnite, here’s how to repay your Fortnite account.
How Can You Get the Refund for the FTC Settlement?
You can apply for the following via www.ftc.gov/Fortnite website before January 17, 2024. However, you must be above 18 to use for the refund process. Also, you need to add the claim number or your Epic Account to apply for this process. FTC has already sent millions of emails to eligible persons and will continue to send more emails for another month. The following people are eligible for a refund for Fortnite Items for FTC Settlement.
- You were charged in-game currency for items you didn’t want between January 2017 and September 2022
- Your child made charges to your credit card without your knowledge between January 2017 and November 2018
- Your account was locked between January 2017 and September 2022 after you complained to your credit card company about wrongful charges.
What Is the General Refund Process?
You can have any general refunds in Fortnite by following the below steps.
- Open the game.
- Go to the main menu and Click the settings icon.
- Click on Supports and Refunds and click on Return or Cancel the purchase.
Also, as below, you can use another method to cancel purchases and get a refund in Fortnite.
- Go to setting.
- Select the silhouette icon to open the privacy and cancel page.
- Click return or cancel to see all your purchases within the past 30 days.
- Select the item you want to return and click on a Use Return Ticket.
- Select the confirm button from the confirmation screen, and you will see a screen saying successful and how many v bucks your account will be credited.
So, that’s how you can refund your Fortnite account for FTC settlement. Watching the FTC updates is always good, as they will provide more refund information. Also, don’t forget to check your account occasionally to ensure you’re not overspending. If you still need visual guidance, the video below from Codelife will help.