The desert is an unforgiving master. Plants and animals struggle to survive there, so mostly what you’re left with is sand, rock, and the occasional ore. In My Time at Sandrock, it’s your job as the town’s Builder to overcome the harsh environment and build a better town. Helping the townsfolk won’t be easy in this crafting sim, but you can make life a lot easier for yourself with the right equipment. One of the most vital pieces of early-game equipment is the Grinder. This tool grinds, drills, and smooths raw materials to use with more complicated constructions. Here’s everything you need to know about how to make a Grinder in My Time at Sandrock.
Research the Grinder
Before you can assemble a Grinder in My Time at Sandrock, you’ll have to head to the Research Center and speak to the local scientist, Qi. It costs three Data Discs to research the Grinder and will take one in-game day to complete. You’ll receive mail from the Research Center containing the Grinder machine blueprint on the following day. If you don’t have enough Data Discs, head over to Eufaula Salvage, to the southeast of your home, and use your Pickhammer to collect some.
After obtaining the Grinder assembly blueprint from the mail, you’ll need to gather the proper resources before the machine’s assembly can begin. To make the Grinder, you need the following items and materials:
- Bearing x2 – Obtained from recycling Mechanical Scrap
- Bronze Bars x4 – Smelt in a furnace using x12 Copper Ore and x8 Tin Ore
- Bricks x6 – Smelt in a furnace using x24 Stone or recycle Stone Scrap
The Grinder is one of the earliest machines you gain access to in My Time at Sandrock, so it mostly requires basic materials to construct. That said, you’ll still require a Recycler and a Furnace in order to process the materials. You can also obtain each resource using the following methods:
- Stone: Found in Junk Piles and Gravel rocks surrounding your workshop. Gravel rocks appear as orange-brown rocks near cactus trees and large boulders. Use your Pickhammer to break the gravel rocks, then smelt the Stone in your Furnace.
- Copper and Tin Ore: Found in the Eufaula Salvage Abandoned Ruins. To gain access to this area, you’ll need to complete the Crane Lift that Rocky requested.
- Mechanical Scrap: Found in the Eufaula Salvage scrap piles. Just take out your Pickhammer and get to work.
Assemble the Grinder in My Time at Sandrock
Once you obtain each resource, you’ll be ready to assemble the Grinder. Head to your Assembly Station and select the Grinder in the list of machines. Click Assemble to find a highlighted Grinder on the Assembly Station platform. Interact with it by pressing “E” to add each resource to the machine. After adding the final part, interact with the Grinder one more time to add it to your inventory. From there, you can place it wherever you would like in your Workshop area, similar to the rest of your equipment. You’re now ready to grind away your days in Sandrock.
My Time at Sandrock is available for PC.