Welcome back to The Nerd Stash Show, the official gaming podcast of The Nerd Stash!
To kick off the podcast’s first episode after our one-month break, we decided to hold our Second Annual Video Game Developer Fantasy Draft. Here’s the gist.
We are putting ourselves in the shoes of a brand-new major publisher. And, to make this more fun, we’re going utterly unrealistic with this. As a new publisher, we will be acquiring (drafting) 10 video game dev studios. It doesn’t matter if they are under the banner of Sony, Nintendo, or Xbox. We’re just trying to put together the best squad.
The Rules –
- 10 Rounds
- Each developer in our draft pool has a price tag attached to them (Like fantasy drafts with a salary cap). We don’t have every prominent video game developer but, we have a lot.
- You can see our draft pool here.
- We each have $200 to work with.
- NOTE: We will be picking developers solely based on talent and the quality of games we believe they provide. We will not be taking any reported internal issues at a certain developer or publisher into account. This is by far the most important rule of this draft because, basically, we want this episode to be lighthearted and fun.
- Once a developer is drafted, they can’t be drafted again.
- Finally, even though we have 10 picks, we have to draft at least one first-party developer, one third-party developer, and one indie developer. Every studio is divided up into one of those categories on the spreadsheet so, this should be pretty easy to manage.
Although we won’t be declaring a winner at the end of the draft, we would love to hear from you. Feel free to tweet at us or chat in our Discord to tell us who you think won, if there were any draft snubs, what your ideal lineup would look like, etc.
As always, you can check out timestamps for every major topic down below.
- We’re Back, And Brandon Stephenson Joins The Show – 0:00
- What Is This Draft, Rules, And Draft Order – 1:41
- Our Second Annual Video Game Developer Draft – 6:17
If you liked what you heard and want to support this gaming podcast, here’s where you can find us.