Bungie has swung the mighty banhammer in Destiny to ban hundreds of the game’s most notorious cheaters in the Crucible.
Revealed in the latest weekly update, Bungie has banned those that have “manipulated network traffic” over the past few weeks in the Crucible. These players have had their privileges to access the game mode removed.
“Cheating will not be tolerated, Guardians,” the developer added. “The Destiny Community is a part of this process. Your finest weapons in the fight against cheaters are the reporting tools built right into the game. Submit a report when and where you detect shenanigans. Shaming your offenders in a video might feel good, but it doesn’t factor into our process for passing down a guilty verdict – and it might get you in trouble with the moderators of your favorite Guardian clubhouse! Issue a report. We’re watching and monitoring.”
As Halo players already know, Bungie is always watching.
On a side not, Xur will be located in the Reef this weekend. Here’s what he is offering this weekend:
- No Backup Plans [Exotic Titan gauntlets] – 13 Strange Coins
- Knucklehead Radar [Exotic Hunter helmet] – 13 Strange Coins
- Claws of Ahamkara [Exotic Warlock gauntlets] – 13 Strange Coins
- SUROS Regime [Exotic auto rifle] – 23 Strange Coins
- Exotic Shard – 7 Strange Coins
- Exotic Engram [Helmet] – 23 Motes of Light
Do any Destiny players plan on picking anything up if you haven’t already?