The classic SNES game has been remade and updated, with Pocky & Rocky Reshrined finally being released today for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. The return of this SNES classic will undoubtedly make many fans out there happy – we always need more SNES remasters. Not only that, but Natsume (the publisher of the game) has dropped a fresh launch trailer, too, so fans can get a good look at the title before they go and buy it.
You can watch the launch trailer below.
What Is Pocky & Rocky Reshrined All About?
If you haven’t heard about this series, you must have been hiding under a rock, but honestly, we won’t judge you… much. Pocky & Rocky Reshrined is about Pocky the shrine maiden and Rocky the raccoon, who have joined forces once again in the latest installment of the long-running classic shooter. The incredibly evil Black Mantle has attacked, and Pocky and Rocky must team up to defeat this terrible lowlife. They are not alone this time because the deadly duo is joined by some new friends who hope to help in the upcoming challenges.
Pocky & Rocky Reshrined consists of eight stages of high-paced shooting action, and each stage includes a lot of problems for the duo. You will certainly have your hands full with all the creepy enemies, the final stage bosses, as well as dealing with the game’s countless twists and turns.
Pocky & Rocky Reshrined embodies the mold set by the classic SNES game; it is a multi-directional scrolling shooter in the classic 16-bit style, featuring much-improved graphics and highly attuned sound modifications, which equals a heck of a lot more fun. This installment will use a top-down perspective – a classic SNES style – and consists of an engaging single-player mode and an extraordinary co-op mode.
Check out the key features for Pocky & Rocky Reshrined below:
- Five adventurous characters to choose from! Besides the beloved duo Pocky and Rocky, you can also play as Ame no Uzume, Ikazuchi, and Hotaru Gozen.
- Master the stages in the single-player Story Mode or battle your enemies together with a friend in the local 2-player co-op Free Mode
- Collect coins to unlock the Easy Mode to reduce the difficulty and play more smoothly to the end
- Challenge yourself and master various unique stages with lots of different enemies
- Compare your scores with others and climb to the top of the Online Leaderboard.
Pocky & Rocky Reshrined is now available on digital storefronts for PlayStation and Nintendo.