Born from poisonous gases, Gastly is a classic Pokémon that lives up to its name. If you want it to move on from its circular, gas shape, then you have to evolve it. Gastly’s evolution in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl is as simple as leveling it up.
Gastly’s Evolution in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl
A Ghost/Poison-type Pokémon, Gastly is unique in that 95% of its body is made from poisonous gases. With the other 5% of its body (allegedly) made from souls, it certainly lives up to its dual form. However, Gastly’s evolution in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl gives the Pokémon a completely new look.
Once you reach Level 25, Gastly will evolve into Haunter.
So, all you have to do is focus on raising its level. It starts with taking this mischievous-looking ball of gas with you everywhere you go. Bring it out for battles, and if you can, use it for rematches too. If you get the Vs. Seeker key item, you can battle some trainers over again. With their increased levels, you should get more EXP during these fights than before.
How to Catch Gastly in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl
To get Gastly into your party, there are several areas in the wild you can easily encounter them.
Look in tall grass or caves. On Route 209, you have a rare chance of encountering Gastly at night.
Otherwise, Gastly is a very common encounter throughout the day and night in the following areas:
- Lost Tower 1F
- Lost Tower 2F
- Within the Lost Tower 3F
- Lost Tower 4F
- Inside Lost Tower 5F
- Old Chateau 2F
- Old Chateau 2F 1st Room
- Somewhere in Old Chateau 2F 2nd Room
- Old Chateau 2F 3rd Room
- Within Old Chateau 2F 4th Room
- Old Chateau 2F 5th Room
- Old Chateau 2F Rightmost Room
- Right inside Old Chateau Entrance
- Old Chateau Dining Room
If you want to get Gastly for its evolution in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, you can also encounter it in the Grand Underground. It can show up in two areas: Dazzling Cave and Stargleam Cavern.
Gastly manages to balance creepy with fun in terms of its look. But once it evolves into Haunter, the little ball finally gets some hands with which to work. To start Gastly’s evolution in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, don’t forget to focus on raising its level by taking it out to battle with you.
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl is available on Nintendo Switch.