Want to know how to get a Shiny Caterpie in Pokemon Go? Even though Shiny Pokémon are relatively rare, now is your best opportunity to get some Shiny Bug-type Pokémon, including Shiny Caterpie. The Bug Out event will run from August 10 to August 18, 2022, and dozens of Bug Pokémon will spawn in the wild during this time. In addition, you can compete in Raid Gyms to get even more powerful Shiny Bug-type Pokemon. It is worth noting that the chance of getting a Shiny Pokemon is pretty low both in the raid and in the wild, but several ways will help you to do it faster. Our guide is here to help you and tell you how to get a Shiny Caterpie in Pokemon Go.
How to Get a Shiny Caterpie in Pokemon Go
First of all, it is worth noting that Caterpie is the first-generation Pokemon and received its shiny version back in 2018. Over the years, many players have managed to get themselves a few Shiny Caterpie, as they have met this Pokémon so many times. If you’re new to the game, there are several ways to get a Shiny Caterpie in Pokemon Go:
- The first and most reliable way to get Shiny Caterpie is to catch it in the wild. Caterpie is a common Bug-type Pokémon, so it’s not difficult to encounter several of them during the day. We advise you to look for them in parks and squares because it is in these locations that Caterpie lives. The chance of meeting Shiny Caterpie among Caterpie is about 1/450, so you will probably have to make a lot of attempts.
- To get Shiny Caterpie in another method, you must defeat him in Raid Gyms. After the victory, you will have the opportunity to catch Caterpie, and if you are lucky, it will be Shiny Caterpie. The chance of getting a rare appearance for this Pokémon in a raid is relatively low but slightly higher than during a standard capture. Unfortunately, this method won’t work this month as all of the August Raid Pokémon are already known, and Caterpie is not one of them.
While there is no way or item in Pokémon Go to increase your chances of getting a Shiny Caterpie, you can increase your chances by encountering more Caterpie:
- Use Incense or Daily Adventure Incense to spawn more Pokémon around you.
- Look for Caterpie in parks and squares. Caterpie loves locations with trees and grass. So you will find many more Caterpie in these areas.
- Having decided to rest, we advise you to do it not far from the Pokestop. Use Lure Module to attract more Pokémon and Caterpie as well.