The notoriously unforgiving game from Bandai Namco, Dark Souls III, will be able to run on the PS4 Pro with all of the benefits the system has to offer. The update (1.11) will be available on March 24 in preparation for the new DLC, The Ringed City, being released on March 28. There’s a lot coming in this new patch, but here’s some of what one can expect come March 24:
- Increased frame rate for play on the PS4 Pro
- 2 new maps in Undead Match, Dragon Ruins, and Grand Roof
- An added function in Undead Match that allows a team of players to match with a password, and the other team to match with a separate password
- Added function that displays various hosts from the bonfire warp menu
- Fixed an issue where items or weapons get corrupted if added to a full inventory
- Fixed issue in the loading screen where guests were not alerted to an error that occurred on the host’s side during online multiplayer session
- Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes
- Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Curved Great Swords
- Fixed so that poise is applied during Dark Hand skill, Lifedrain
- Fixed so that Frost Blade appears from the beginning of Pontiff Knight Curved Sword skill
- Improved motion of Dagger’s Blind Spot skill
- Shortened attack window of Carthus Curved Sword and Dark Sword, Gargoyle Flame Spear and Follower Sabre
- Along with improving correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons’ upgrade, adjusted correction value for Refined weapons’ upgrade
- Improved defense and also increased weights for heavy armor
- Decreased rate at which bleed builds up when using Carthus Rouge
- Increased the damage of Poison and Toxic dealt by players, and shortened its duration
- And much more!
There will also be system maintenance on the same day of the release of Patch 1.11 and will occur within the following time slots:
- JST – 17.00 to 19.00
- CET – 09.00 to 11.00
- PST – 1:00 AM to 3:00 AM
Patch 1.11 is pretty huge, so Dark Souls III players can expect a good amount to change. Hopefully, this patch won’t cause problems like previous patches did on the PC. One thing is for certain, though: a boost in frame rate will be noticeable when playing on the PS4 Pro. This will make a huge difference in the gameplay, and, heck, maybe it’ll make the game easier. Yeah, after thinking about that for a second, I don’t think a Dark Souls game can simply be made easier. Death is the only solution!
Check out a gameplay video for the new DLC, The Ringed City, coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC on March 28, below.