Just like the original game, Psychonauts 2 has a series of collectibles known as Scavenger Hunts, though Norma would rather call them “Asset Recovery Missions.” It is official Psychonaut business after all, no need to call it something so childish. These items might be a bit difficult to find. Luckily this guide will help you find any you may be struggling with. This guide will show you all the Scavenger Hunt collectibles locations in Psychonauts 2.
All Scavenger Hunt Item Locations in Psychonauts 2
Early in the game, the other Psychonaut interns put Raz through a few hazing rituals, one includes locking him in a closet without most of his clothes. After breaking out of the closet and finding a new set of clothes, Raz confronts Norma, who makes you a deal that if you can finish her “Asset Recovery Mission,” she will return your original outfit. These items are scattered across the hub areas of the game and will take most of the game to actually complete.
Below is a breakdown of all of the 16 Scavenger Hunt Collectibles and their locations.
- Day-Old Sushi: Found in the Motherlobe. Head over to the Noodle Bowl cafeteria and go to the counter that you buy bacon from during the story. Turn around and the sushi will be sitting on the counter.
- Psychonaut Name Plaque: Found in the Motherlobe. After attempting to take over the world, Coach Oleander has had his office moved to the storage closet to the left of Milla’s room in the Agent wing. Take down the nameplate, maybe he’ll notice.
- Deck of Cards: Found in the Motherlobe. head to the Astral Lanes Bowling Alley. Use Telekinesis to bowl three frames. The Deck of Cards will come out of the ball return.
- Enemy Surveillance Device: Found in the Motherlobe. In Artifact Storage. Use Projection on the door to enter and get the item.
- Astronaut Ice Cream: Found in the Motherlobe. In the Nerve Center, there is a green computer you can interact with. When you do, another monitor will light up green. Keep interacting with these screens until the drawing of the astronaut on the wall lights up. Interact with the drawing and you will receive the item.
- Unexploded Bomb: Found in The Quarry. Use Pyrokinesis on the bonfire next to the minecart adjacent to the Abandoned Mine’s entrance. You can then use Levitate to get to a wood board being suspended above with the bomb on it.
- Psitanium Knife: Found in The Quarry. Go to the updraft tube in front of the Psychonauts Jet at the front entrance of the Motherlobe. Follow the paths of branches and bouncepads until you come to a fork and go left. Follow this until you hit a cave, the knife is in there.
- Agent Orientation Laserdisc: Found in The Quarry. In Otto’s Lab to the left of the Brainframe. The floor is electric so use the Levitation Ball to get across.
- Human Skull: Found in the Questionable Area? At the top of inoperable funicular. There are three gears around it that you have to put back in place by using telekinesis. You can also parkour you way up there by using a cave system to the right of the machine.
- Novelty Mug: Found in the Questionable Area? Inside the Lumberjack Diner. Use Projection to open the door.
- Can of Corn: Found in the Questionable Area? Inside the Cave of the Sassclops. Like the Unexploded Bomb, use Pyrokinesis on the bonfire next to the dinosaur fossils and levitate up to a cliff.
- Switchblade Hatchet: Found in the Questionable Area? On top of the watermill. Use Time Bubble to slow the mill down and use it to get to the roof.
- Mini Murder Bug Bot: Found in the Green Needle Gulch. On the balcony of Nona’s River House.
- Viking Helmet: Found in the Green Needle Gulch. Go to the left of the Heptadome and find the Feel Mobile. Follow the path to the left of the car to find the helmet behind the Feel Mobile.
- Signed Copy of “Mindswarm”: Found in the Green Needle Gulch. After completing Cassie’s Collection Mission, head over to Compton’s Menagerie and talk to Cassie. She will give you the item.
- Beehive Shaped Like My Phone: Found in the Green Needle Gulch. Get to the door of Cassie’s Hive. Walk to the right of it and through the honey to find the item.
Once you acquire all the Scavenger Hunt items, return to Norma in the Motherlobe. She will give you back your original clothes which you can change back into at the bathroom found in the Noodle Bar.
Psychonauts 2 is now available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PC.