As announced recently by developer Sloclap, Sifu 1.08 headline is the introduction of difficulty levels. Student delivers an easier playthrough, Disciple matches the original pre-patch challenge, and finally, Master catapults Sifu‘s already devilishly-tough action to new heights.
Sifu 1.08 bundles in a new training mode, where players can face any enemy they’ve previously come across, including advanced archetypes and bosses. There’s now also a dark mode for in-game menus and the ability to swap outfits, two of which are available today, with more to follow in future updates.
Finally, Sifu 1.08 makes several minor changes, including improved HUD readability, bug fixes, and support for 5.1 surround sound systems along with 21:9 resolutions. Be sure to check out the complete Sifu 1.08 patch notes below for all the details.
Sifu 1.08 Update Patch Notes
Design – Outfits:
- Added an interactive wardrobe in the Wuguan for Outfit selection
- Added 3 new outfits with unlock conditions
Design – Training room:
- Added most of the in-game enemies types : When you fight and defeat any enemy, you unlock them in the training room, allowing you to train and fight against advanced archetypes and the bosses.
- Added the possibility to fight multiple enemies at once.
- Added the possibility to redo the tutorial.
Design – Difficulty Settings:
Student Difficulty (Easy Mode) :
- More life and structure for the Main Character
- Enemies are less aggressive
- Enemies are less reactive in defense
- Simplified patterns for various archetypes and bosses
- The Death Counter cannot beyond 1
- Better shrine rewards
Disciple Difficulty (Normal Mode) :
- The original Sifu experience
Master Difficulty (Hard Mode) :
- Less life and structure for the Main Character
- More life and structure for various enemies
- Enemies are more aggressive
- Enemies are more reactive in defense
- New patterns for bosses
Design – Hotfixes:
- Fixed the Juggernaut ability to retaliate while defending
- Quicker post parry follow-up with various weapons
- The camera is further away when surrounded by enemies during takedowns, and focus
- Fixed issues with 21/9 display screens
- Fixed video looping issue on PS5
- Various rendering fixes for low-quality mode
- Fixed some streaming issues
- Fixed some minor texturing issues for Yang’s 3D models
- Add a “Dark Mode” display option to switch between light and dark backgrounds in the -menus, light backgrounds are now slightly less bright
- Popups now warn you more clearly about important choices
- More discreet XP box in HUD
- Clearer feedback when a focus bar is full
- Various keyboard inputs display fixes
- Audio output format selection
- Fix some unwanted behavior on surround audio systems