Sprocket has received a new update today, March 14, 2023, and we have its complete list of changes here. According to Hamish Dunn, the game’s developer, today’s update will be experimenting with some Powertrain tweaks. Following its user’s feedback the team will then continue to handle geometric internals. And now, here are the official patch notes for Sprocket update V0.1253.
Sprocket Update V0.1253 Patch Notes
- Reimplemented engine RPM limiter with a more realistic approach. RPM is now limited by cutting off fuel to the engine, so it’s no longer hard-capped.
This fixes the vehicle going faster than predicted by the new speed limit displays. This also fixes the absurdly high pivot-rotating/neutral-steering speeds.
- Added engine braking. The driver does this for you when driving down hills. Needed since the engine limiter could no longer stop the engine redlining.
- Powertrain and track speeds are now much more in sync, making steering more snappy and tank-like.
- Increased torque at very low RPM.
- The throttle is now subtly smoothed before it was all or nothing. Makes stop-and-start less sudden.
- Removed artificial engine RPM smoothing.
- Engine presets now support Undo/Redo.
- Hill starts will now rev higher on smaller inclines.
- AI will now automatically attack all custom battle maps, instead of defending on one side.
- Engine upshift and downshift can no longer be equal.
- Fixed vehicles spawned from blueprints have more engine torque than the designer vehicle.
- Fixed some limit clamping issues introduced in the last patch. Click & drag editing of tracks and cannons now obey limits again. Values are clamped when changing eras in the sandbox again.
- Dragging roadwheels forward until the roadwheel under the cursor has disappeared will no longer switch to the rollers and move them.
- Fixed initial rotation and constraints for turrets that aren’t forward-aligned.
- Reverted wheel collision position change in V0.1252, as it was causing steer drift on uneven terrain.
Sprocket news and update V0.1253 patch notes are official on its Steam Page and is available for Microsoft Windows.