Capcom released patch notes for their “Definitive Update” coming to Street Fighter V. According to developers, “The list of changes for SF5’s final large-scale update appear to be the longest the game has ever seen with all 45 characters receiving significant alterations to their toolkits.” The patch notes are lengthy, detailing every change made to each character.
This popular fighting game was first released in 2016 and has continued to entertain players with multiple updates over the years. Check out the patch notes for the “Definitive Update” coming to Street Fighter V below.
Street Fighter V Definitive Edition March 29 Update Patch Notes
• Combo Count Start Value
1. The numerical value used to indicate when an air combo starts from a particular move.
2. The smaller a move’s combo start value is, the easier it is for that move to begin an air combo, and vice-versa.
• Combo Count Gain
1. A numerical value that increases when a move is incorporated into an air combo.
2. The smaller a move’s combo start gain is, the easier it is for that move to begin an air combo, and vice-versa.
• Combo-Count Limit
1. A numerical value used to determine up to which point a move can land in an air combo.
2. The larger the combo-count limit a move has, the easier that move can be incorporated into a combo.
• Normal Backward/Forward Throw Priority
1. Currently fixing an issue that occurs during normal throws where inputting a direction opposite to the direction you wish to throw an opponent
2. 1F before the button input causes you to not throw the opponent in the intended direction.
• Adjustment of Mid-Air Combo Difficulty in the Corner
1. When using forward-moving follow-up attacks against opponents knocked back in mid-air at the edge of the screen, there were some cases where attacks would pass through the opponent and miss.
2. Since this made the difficulty of air combos performed at the edge of the screen unintentionally high, some moves were adjusted so that they don’t pass through opponents when performed as part of air combos at the edge of the screen.
3. For more on relevant moves, please refer to each character’s command list.
• Game Behavior When Absorbing an Opponent’s Guard-Break Technique with a Move
1. Fixed an issue where the guard break scaling value was added to the damage incurred when attacked while absorbing an opponent’s guard break technique with a move.