The Sims 4 has a reputation for being one of the best life simulation games of all time. Of course, players have found ways to make their experience much more exciting in the way of challenges. There’s the Baby Challenge, the Legacy Challenge, and the Decades Challenge. The last one requires you to play through different generations of the same families starting from the 1890s to the present day.
Decades Challenge – The Sims 4 Walkthrough
The Decades Challenge in The Sims 4 has some rules that you need to take note of including:
- During the 1890s, women may not hold a job.
- Sims must not marry outside of their race before the 1970s.
- Woohoo outside of Try for Baby is not allowed.
- Only sons or the husband of the eldest daughter may become an heir.
- During the 20th century, particularly before the 1910s, a Cowplant must be grown on the main family’s property. This is done to decide which Sims die as a result of the many wars that took place during the 20th century. Each male Sim who is a teen, young adult, or adult in the family must eat one cake from the Cowplant. After that, a dice roll must be made for each Sim who ate a cake. Each even number means that the Sim returns from the war while every odd number means that the Sim died in combat.
- Once a Sim returns from war, they must be traumatized. To do this, you must add one of the following traits: Gloomy, Hot-Headed, Clumsy, Insane, Lazy, Mean, Paranoid, or Noncommittal.
- If the Sim dies in the war, they must eat another Cowplant cake. Ingesting the second cake will result in death.
- The eldest daughter must join the Korean War as a volunteer nurse. This Sim will also need to abide by the same rules as male Sims do to determine whether they died at war or not.
Can the Decades Challenge Rules Change?
Yes, you can change the rules of the challenge whenever you please. As the rules are not concrete, everything can be adjusted to your preferences. In fact, there are a few things like computers or phones that cannot be removed, meaning that you will need to suspend your belief a bit regardless. Especially since the other Sims in your town will all go about their lives normally despite whatever challenge you’re doing.
The Sims 4 is available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.