Mad Max meets the Empire? According to the writers at Making Star Wars, Tom Hardy will have a quick cameo in the upcoming installment of the Star Wars saga.
Similar to the Daniel Craig cameo in Episode VII, Hardy is rumored to be a stormtrooper who recognizes the now rebel FN-2187. The cameo encounter is rumored to go as follows:
- Tom Hardy plays a First Order stormtrooper.
- Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 on a secret mission but doesn’t realize it.
- The “incognito” FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
- FN-2187 turns around and believes he’s dead. He’s surely going to be captured.
- The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
- The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
- FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement.
Star Wars: Episode VIII is set to release next year. Although Hardy is rumored to not play a major role in the movies, we can’t wait to see if the rumors are true. In a similar fashion of Daniel Craig’s cameo, Hardy may be hidden behind a helmet when we catch him on the big screen. Stay tuned for more Star Wars news updates here at The Nerd Stash.