Mad Max meets the Empire? According to the writers at Making Star Wars, Tom Hardy will have a quick cameo in the upcoming installment of the Star Wars saga.
Similar to the Daniel Craig cameo in Episode VII, Hardy is rumored to be a stormtrooper who recognizes the now rebel FN-2187. The cameo encounter is rumored to go as follows:
- Tom Hardy plays a First Order stormtrooper.
- Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 on a secret mission but doesn’t realize it.
- The “incognito” FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
- FN-2187 turns around and believes he’s dead. He’s surely going to be captured.
- The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
- The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
- FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement.
Star Wars: Episode VIII is set to release next year. Although Hardy is rumored to not play a major role in the movies, we can’t wait to see if the rumors are true. In a similar fashion of Daniel Craig’s cameo, Hardy may be hidden behind a helmet when we catch him on the big screen. Stay tuned for more Star Wars news updates here at The Nerd Stash.
Kristen is a 22 year old Sith lord wannabe with a passion for all things “nerd”. She owns a house plant named Groot, and has snagged almost every generation of Nintendo’s consoles from the NES to the WiiU. Remember, it’s dangerous to go alone, so follow her Nerd Stash posts on Twitter!