Diablo 4 has five different classes, but each class can use vastly different builds and combat styles. The spell variety is deep, so one person’s version of a Druid might be completely different than somebody else’s. Some class builds are stronger than others, which we will explain in this guide. Here are the top 3 best classes in Diablo 4, ranked.
The Top 3 Best Classes in Diablo 4
We want to say it for the record; every class is viable to use in Diablo 4. If you play on the easier difficulty levels, such as World Tier 1 or 2, you can make just about any class work as long as you have good gear and legendary weapons. These classes below are easier to use and far more capable of tackling the harder difficulties with only a modest set of equipment required. All stats below are base values without additional skill points or gear factoring in.
3. The Spin to Win Barbarian
The Barbarian ranks lowest on the scale for beginner players but in the hands of a veteran, one Barbarian style can devastate the higher World Tiers. The classic spin to win Barbarian can mop up large groups with a hurricane flurry. This is a pretty dull play style, with only two offensive moves, but it’s lethal all the same.
Here are the skills to use for this build. Dive into big groups, use your three shouts, then whirlwind until everything is gone. Use the Lunging Strike to build up your Rage meter. Once empty, rinse and repeat until everything is turned to loot.
- Lunging Strike – Lunge forward and strike an enemy for 30% damage.
- Whirlwind – Key to this build, spin around and deal 17% damage.
- Rallying Cry – A taunt that increases movement speed and resource regeneration.
- Challenging Shout – Taunt nearby enemies and gain a 40% damage reduction.
- War Cry – A shout that increases the damage you and your allies deal.
2. Ice Magic Sorcerer
The Sorcerer is one of the best classes in the game, capable of wielding elemental magic like none other. One build, in particular, is superb, and that’s anything involving ice magic. This build is all about diving into big groups and then slowing or freezing them, causing them to shatter and deal damage to everybody within range.
When used correctly, this essentially turns enemies into damage towers and allows the Sorcerer to stand toe to toe against any enemy. Use the skills listed below.
- Frost Bolt: Throw a frost bolt at an enemy, dealing damage and Chilling them.
- Frozen Orb: Unleash an orb that Chills and expels piercing shards, dealing damage. Upon expiration, Frozen Orb explodes, dealing damage and Chilling enemies.
- Ice Armor: A Barrier of ice forms around you, absorbing your Base Life in damage dealt. While Ice Armor is active, your damage dealt is added to its Barrier.
- Ice Blades: Conjure a pair of ice blades that rapidly slash enemies for damage and have a chance to make them Vulnerable.
- Blizzard: Summon a frigid blizzard that deals damage and continually Chills enemies.
- Deep Freeze: Encase yourself in ice, becoming Immune, continually dealing damage, and Chilling enemies. When Deep Freeze expires, it deals additional damage. Casting Deep Freeze again ends the effect early.
1. Blood Magic Necromancer
The Necromancer is the most accessible class for beginners to use in Diablo 4. One particular build, though, shines above all for all late-game and PvP activities. If you skip out on the Necromancer’s minions and focus on Blood magic, you can destroy anything in your way.
Blood magic deals massive damage across all ranges and fortifies simultaneously. Use the skills below to lay waste to anything in Sanctuary standing in your way.
- Hemorrhage – Burst an enemy’s blood, dealing damage. Hemorrhage has a chance to form Blood Orbs.
- Blood Lance: Throw a blood lance that lingers in an enemy, damaging the enemy and all other lanced enemies.
- Blood Mist: Disperse into a bloody mist, becoming Immune. Your Movement Speed is reduced, and you periodically deal damage to enemies and Healing for a percent of your Maximum Life.
- Iron Maiden: Curse the target area. Enemies afflicted by Iron Maiden take damage each time they deal direct damage.
- Gruesome Mending: While below 50% Life, you receive more Healing from all sources.
- Blood Wave: Conjure a tidal wave of blood that deals damage and Knocks Back enemies.
Now that you know the top three classes and how they rank in Diablo 4, pick your preferred style of play and wade into Sanctuary while turning the biggest monsters into loot explosions. Stay right here on The Nerd Stash for any and everything Diablo 4.