How to deal with Holy Radiation in V Rising and not die from this devastating effect? Holy Radiation is an environmental debuff that will deal damage over time to vampire adventurers. You won’t see this effect too often during gameplay, but you need to be prepared for it to progress through the story and develop vampire technology. To deal with Holy Radiation, you need to transform, use potions and wear special equipment, and in our V Rising guide, we will go into detail about each method.
How to Deal with Holy Radiation in V Rising
During the gameplay, you will only encounter Holy Radiation a few times. Still, without proper resistance to this effect, you will lose from 10 HP per second and will not be able to continue developing in V Rising.
When under the effect of Holy Radiation, a beautiful glow will appear at the top of your screen, reminiscent of the Northern Lights. Also, a red inscription Holy Radiation or Heavy Holy Radiation will appear at the bottom of the screen, depending on how strong the Holy Radiation aura is around you.
Let’s start our V Rising Guide on dealing with this debuff. The first way is to turn into a Bear. This vampiric ability is available to most mid-level players and can help a little, as Bear Form has +25 to all resistances, including Holy Radiation.
For the second method, you need to get special equipment. To deal with Holy Radiation, you can equip one of the following cloaks, each of which will give you +15 Holy Radiation Resistance:
- Phantom’s Cloak. You will unlock this item after defeating Foulrot the Soultaker.
- Razer Serpent Mantle. You can unlock this piece of equipment randomly after killing mobs in high-level locations.
- Immortal King’s Mantle. You will unlock this item by purchasing the Dracula’s Relics Pack DLC. In terms of free-to-play gameplay, this is the worst way to deal with Holy Radiation.
For the third method, you will need to create one of two Holy Radiation resistance potions:
- Holy Resistance Potion boosts Holy Resistance by 50 for 30 minutes. You will unlock this potion after defeating Christina, the Sun Priestess.
- Holy Resistance Flask boosts Holy Resistance by 75 for 30 minutes. You will unlock this potion after defeating Wilfred, the Werewolf Chief.
You can use all of these methods individually, but if you use a cloak, drink a potion, and turn into a bear, you can reduce the adverse effects of this debuff to almost zero.
V Rising is available for PC via Steam.