Riot Games rolls out a fresh patch for its 5v5 character-based shooter today in the shape of Valorant Patch 3.09. We’ve wrangled together the full Valorant Patch 3.09 patch notes to save you having to track them down yourself.
Valorant Patch 3.09 focuses on two specific areas. Firstly, the Classic’s right-click sees a few tweaks to curb ‘over-performing in close to mid-range encounters,’ as Riot puts it. Valorant Patch 3.09 also rearranges some elements on the Fracture map, chiefly by moving barriers and introducing a new cover point in the Attacker spawn. Valorant Patch 3.09 also has its fair share of game system updates and bug fixes alongside the expected Competitive refresh and Act III Battlepass.
You can check out the Valorant 3.09 patch notes just below.
Valorant Patch 3.09 Patch Notes
The Classic has been over-performing in close to mid-range encounters when used while jumping or on the move. So we’ve reduced the weapon’s effective accuracy while jumping, running, and walking, with the intent of narrowing it’s ideal use case to only really close ranges.
- Walking firing error changed .05 >>> .6 (total error is 2.5 when walking, up from 1.95)
- Running firing error changed .2 >>> 1.3 (total error is 3.2 when running, up from 2.1)
- Jumping firing error changed from 1.1 >>> 2.1 (total error is 4.0 when jumping, up from 3.0)
Valorant Patch 3.09 – Map Updates
- The B Arcade attacker barrier is shifted back towards Attacker Side Bridge, to allow defenders to more easily contest the area
- Defender barrier at A Rope moved up to the top of ropes to make it easier for Sentinels to prepare.
- A Hall orb shifted into more neutral space, making it less favorable for attackers
- New piece of cover in Attacker spawn added to break the long sightline from Hall entrance to B Main, which should relieve some pressure from attackers when defenders fast flank
Valorant Patch 3.09 – Game Systems Updates
- Smoother Ropes/Ziplines
- Fixed jittery movement that could occur when stopping or changing directions on a zipline or rope. This was most noticeable when repeatedly moving a small amount and stopping.
- Observers using gamepad controllers are no longer locked out of the X/Y axes when speeding up with the right bumper (R1).
- Free Cam observers rejoice!
- Observers now have the option to set handedness for teams
- When this option is toggled, observers will see players that start the match on attacker as right-handed, and players that start the match on defender will be left-handed.
- One path for all traffic into game servers
- For those of you particular to a preferred server, you may notice a previously preferred location is no longer there. Don’t worry, we simply consolidated what was two paths into the game servers into one—we did not remove any servers.
Valorant Patch 3.09 – Bugs
- Fixed a bug that was causing the default Act Rank badge to display on Unrated game loading screens
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam on the Breeze door in order to destroy or see through the door when it’s lowered.
- Similarly, fixed random spots where Cypher could not place Spycam in the same area.
- Fixed bug that displayed Jett’s 1P Updraft visuals incorrectly
Valorant is available now for PC. For the previous batch of patch notes, head here.