Vampire Survivor is a gothic-horror, top-down bullet-hell game where you need to survive the undead’s onslaught as long as you can. Nevertheless, once the in-game timer in Vampire Survivor hits 30 minutes, a cloaked enemy dubbed by fans as Grim Reaper or Death will automatically spawn. And as you can expect from its name, one-touch from it, and you’re dead. Additionally, new Reapers will arrive every minute anyway, making sure you won’t get past the night. Here’s the best way to postpone your fate and avoid the Reapers for more than 30 minutes in Vampire Survivors.
Is The Reaper in Vampire Survivors Really Unkillable Though?
Before we get to that, though, let’s talk about the Reapers for a bit. Technically you can kill them. According to Reddit user TestSubject006’s calculations, the Reaper has around 655,350 HP and then multiplied by your current level when they spawn. With that in mind, if an average run spawns Reapers somewhere between level 60 and 100, each Reaper will have between 35,000,000 and 65,000,000 HP. Now that’s a load of damage you need to inflict!
If you cheated your stats (or glitched the game somehow) and managed to kill one, fans have discovered you can unlock a new playable character, BeSugo (which seems to be a placeholder name in the code). This unique secret character has completely randomly generated stats each run.
Considering they also cannot be destroyed using a Pentagram, it’s technically not impossible but really improbable with normal means. Developer poncle might be playing around with the idea since there’s an unlockable character in the code, but for now, it doesn’t seem you can actually kill the Reapers.
Vampire Survivors: How You Can Survive for More Than 30 Minutes
While you still have to rely on luck (in real-life or the in-game Luck stats), there are several proven tactics that should help you fight through past the 30 minutes mark:
- Knife, Axe, and Whip are good picks for starting weapons. Quickly upgrade them to help you deal with mobs:
- Knife + Bracer: Thousand Edge, can fire with no delay.
- Axe + Candelabrador: Death Spiral, pass through enemies.
- Whip + Hollow Heart: Bloody Tear can deal critical damage and absorb HP.
- Fully upgrade your Empty Tome, Clock Lancet, Spellbinder, and Laurel.
- Empty Tome: Reduces weapons cooldown by 8%.
- Clock Lancet: Has a chance to freeze enemy temporarily.
- Spellbinder: Use it to buff the Clock Lancet duration by 10%.
- Laurel: Shields yourself from hits when active.
- Max out your Garlic and Wings if you can.
- Garlic: Damages and reduce nearby enemies’ resistance to knockback and freeze.
- Wings: Gives bonus 10% move speed.
- Break light sources as often as you can.
- By doing this you should find Orologions that can freeze enemies for 10 seconds.
- Try to get the Reapers stuck behind objects, best done in Inlaid Library.
Vampire Survivors is available now on PC via Steam as an Early Access title.