To get more Newbucks (money) and craft and unlock more Slime Science gadgets in Slime Rancher 2, you will have to take care of the Slimes and feed them properly to harvest some Plorts. In Slime Rancher 2, aside from giving the Slimes some Fruit and Veggies, you can also feed them Meat by throwing live Chickens at them.
Chickens and Meat Location in Slime Rancher 2
If you’re looking for Meat in Slime Rancher 2, your only option is Chickens. They are consumed by Meat-eating Slimes such as Pink and Tabby Slimes. In the early game, you can easily find Chickens roaming inside The Conservatory and to the east of the Rainbow Fields area:
- Hen Hen: Common spawn in Rainbow Fields.
- Roostro: Uncommon spawn. Usually somewhere around the southwest of Rainbow Islands.
- Stony Hen: Rare spawn.
- Briar Hen: Rare spawn. Also can be found in Ember Valley.
- Sea Hen: Rare spawn.
If you spot Chicken nests, you should also be able to find Chickadoos — small chicks — that, while won’t be eaten by any Slime, they will eventually grow into their respective Hen or Roostro.
List of Meat-eating Slimes
- Pink Slime
- Ringtail Slime
- Hunter Slime (Likes Roostro)
- Tabby Slime (Likes Stony Hen)
- Angler Hen (Likes Sea Hen)
Breeding Chickens in Slime Rancher 2
To breed and raise Chickens in the safety of your Ranch, you need to build a Coop, costing you 250 Newbucks and requiring an empty Ranch Plot. Once built, scoop up at least one Hen Hen and a Roostro into the Coop, and they will produce Eggs that will turn into Chickadoos. Below is the list of Coop upgrades that will help you raise Chickens in Slime Rancher 2:
- High Walls (200 Newbucks): Walls that prevent Chickens from running away.
- Spring Grass (425 Newbucks): Spawning bugs that will help raise Chickadoos into healthy Hens and Roostros much faster.
- Vitamizer (500 Newbucks): Hen Hens will produce Eggs faster.
- Elder Collector (1,300 Newbucks): Automatically collect Elder Chickens.
Keep in mind that after producing Chickadoos, a Hen Hen and Roostro will eventually turn into an Elder Hen and Elder Roostro and they can no longer breed. The Elder Chickens can still be fed to Slimes, but no Slime favors them. Or you can chuck them into the Incinerator for the Carousel Achievement.