The Wonder Boy Asha in Monster World Remake is flexing its fresh graphics on its new trailer released today. It shows how far Asha and the entire team’s effort in making this Sega classic revival successful have come. From the graphics, sounds, and gameplay smoothness, the game has already traveled far from its predecessor back in the 80s.
Wonder Boy Asha‘s trailer is packed with a lot of gameplay to feast your eyes upon. You will get to see familiar stages in the game that you might remember when you were playing the original. This trailer features boss fights, event scenes, and exploration to tease us on its upcoming release.
In addition to the game’s latest anime, another important piece of information was also released. Its debut date in Japan is officially on April 22, 2021, for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC. The global audience will have to wait a bit as it is looking at Q2 2021 for its official release. This is a minor delay as it is originally scheduled for Q1 2021.
Fans who may want to pre-order can do so via Strictly Limited Games Partner Store. The game is available in 3 variants:
- Limited Edition for €39.99 is limited to 3,500 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1,700 copies for PlayStation 4.
- Collector’s Edition for €99.99, limited to 2,500 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1,200 copies for PlayStation 4.
- Mega Collector’s Edition for €179.99, limited to 999 copies for Nintendo Switch and 499 copies for PlayStation 4
Mega Collector’s Edition will include:
- All the first three that comes with the Limited Edition plus the following:
- CE Box
- 2-sided poster
- Monster World Map
- 2 OST (Original and Remix)
- Squishy Ball Pepelogoo
- Acrylic Standee
- Fridge Magnet
- Asha and Pepelogoo Figurine (18cm/7.1″)
- Mega Drive- / Genesis Style Plastic Case with a reversible inlay
- Console-style packaging
- Asha Pixel Pin
- Retro-style registration card
- Vinyl sticker for your console
If you want more information about the limited edition goodies, you can check our article HERE.
Wonder Boy Asha Remake is a platformer action RPG from SEGA. Its very first release was in 1986, with the title Wonder Boy as its first episode.
Which of the Wonder Boy series is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!