Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds has taken Twitch and Steam by storm, rocketing to the top of the charts on both platforms, despite still being very early in its development cycle. Brendan Greene, the “Playerunknown” of the game’s title, took to the PC Gaming E3 show to talk about what people can expect from the future of the arena shooter.
Greene mentioned several things that we can expect from the future of Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds. Here are some of the things he discussed:
- Climbing/vaulting – Oh thank God. Finally, you won’t have to see your blood spattered against the wall as you struggle to hop through that tiny hole. Greene claimed that a dynamic vaulting system is coming soon, where players will be able to vault over nearly any obstacles in their way.
- Improved weather effects – Greene is working to improve the rain effect already in the game, as well as adding two new weather effects: fog and sunset. These effects should continue to help the game evolve.
- Replay system – Both 2D and 3D replays are coming soon, so players will be able to analyze their rounds and see just where they got sniped from.
- Custom games and server stability.
- A new weapon – A new, crate only weapon is coming soon. Greene suggests that it has tremendous short to medium range stopping power that uses 7.62 ammo.
- Modding – Greene claims that mod support is coming in the very distant future.
- New maps – Greene is working on two new maps – one set in Peru, which will feature a desert motif and burned out ruins, and the other set in the Adriatic, which will include a ruined Cosmodome.
Check out the trailer for Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds’ upcoming features below:
What are you most looking forward to from the future of Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds? Other than vaulting, of course. Let us know in the comments below.
Jordan has been gaming and geeking as far back as he can remember. You can find him on Twitter @Jordality and occasionally find him streaming on Twitch.tv/JojoTheNinjaGaming. You can also check out his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCExyOMK798p7mCXwSayD2hg.