DICE and EA have released Battlefield 2042 Update 0.2.1 ahead of the first-person shooter’s worldwide release tomorrow, November 19. The developer-publisher duo have also published accompanying Battlefield 2042 0.2.1 patch notes highlighting what is essentially a pre-launch touch-up ahead of tomorrow’s public launch.
Battlefield 2042‘s early-access launch has been marred by its fair share of issues. While Battlefield 2042 Update 0.2.1 doesn’t address all of them, it does remedy some of the most glaring. Among them, reduce instances of rubber banding in the All-Out Warfare modes through some server-side tweaks. Alongside, Battlefield 2042 Update 0.2.1 is said to minimize stuttering in Breakway and fix the inconsistent display of teammate player tags.
Battlefield 2042 Update 0.21 also bundles in a series of minor changes and fixes. Check out the full Battlefield 2042 0.21 patch notes just below.
Battlefield 2042 Update 0.2.1 Patch Notes
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only – Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.
Battlefield 2042 launches worldwide on November 19 for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.