Are you looking for a speedy Killer? Then you can’t go wrong with The Blight. This tough Killer is known to gain ground on Survivors in a flash, but he’s most effective with the proper Perks. We’ll show you some of the best builds in Dead by Daylight for The Blight. These are adaptable enough to suit Killer players who are beginners as well as veterans. As such, we’ll touch on Perks that are already unlocked when you start the base game and any other Perks you can get by purchasing all the Killers.
Best Builds for The Blight in Dead by Daylight
Debuting back in CHAPTER 17: Descend Beyond, it’s quick to see how grotesque, brutal, and fast The Blight is. He’s not for the faint of heart, though. With his difficult rating, it’s helpful for beginners to experiment with other Killers beforehand.
To effectively use The Blight and his skills, you need the best builds with the right Dead by Daylight Perks. But first, let’s check out his unique Perks:
- Dragon’s Grip: Activates for 30 seconds when you damage a Generator. The first Survivor who interacts with said Generator will scream and reveal their location for 4 seconds and suffer from Exposed for 60 seconds.
- Hex: Blood Favour: When a Survivor enters the Injured or Dying State, The Entity blocks all Pallets within 24/28/32 meters of their location. This prevents them from being pulled down for 15 seconds.
- Hex: Undying: The aura of any Survivor within 2/3/4 meters of any Dull Totem is revealed to you. If a Hex Totem is cleaned, the Hex transfers to the Undying Totem while Undying is neutralized.
The best builds for The Blight will depend on exactly how you want to play your Trial in Dead by Daylight. And we have a solution for a variety of playstyles.
Best Beginner Builds for The Blight
Although it’s not recommended for pure beginners to dive into The Blight as a first Killer, there are still some great Perks you can use to win the Trial. Of course, controlling The Blight can come with a learning curve, but it’s worth it for a fun playthrough. So, check out the following to discover the best beginner-friendly builds for The Blight in Dead by Daylight.
This build keeps pressure on Survivors and Generators. Bring Hex: Blood Favour (The Blight) and Hex: Undying (The Blight) to keep the former one active longer. After, add these Perks:
- Jolt (General): Once a Survivor’s in the Dying State with a Basic Attack, Generators within 32 meters start regressing. They have a 6/7/8% Progression penalty.
- Tinkerer (The Hillbilly): When a Generator is 70% repaired, a Loud Noise sound is triggered. You get the Undetectable effect for 12/14/16 seconds.
Don’t forget your add-ons. Compound Twenty-One is great at revealing nearby Survivors too.
Let’s check out another beginner-friendly build. Out of the best builds for The Blight in Dead by Daylight, this is straightforward. Use Dragon’s Grip (The Blight), Hex: Blood Favour (The Blight), and Hex: Undying (The Blight) and pair them with this Perk:
- Hex: No One Escapes Death (General): Once the last Generator is done, all Survivors are Exposed. Your movement speed increases by 2/3/4%
Best Builds for The Blight with All Perks in Dead by Daylight
With all the Perks at your fingertips, you can create some monstrous builds for The Blight.
If you want to pressure the Survivors, herd them toward you, and run them down, try this build. All you will want from your Killer is Hex: Undying (The Blight). After, add these:
- Hex: Ruin (The Hag): Generators not being repaired regress at 50/75/100% their natural regression speed.
- Corrupt Intervention (The Plague): When the Trial starts, The Entity blocks 3 Generators furthest from you for 80/100/120 seconds.
- Barbecue & Chilli (The Cannibal): When you hook a Survivor, the aura of all Survivors within 60/50/40 meters will reveal to you.
Add-ons like Blighted Crow and Blighted Rat are perfect for this build as it keeps The Blight moving fast.
Some of the best builds for The Blight focus on pure aggression in Dead by Daylight, not just speed. This build focuses on avoiding the stun from Pallets without wasting your Blight Rush ability as well as eliminating Survivors quickly:
- Spirit Fury (The Spirit): When you break 4/3/2 Pallets, The Entity will instantly break the next Pallet that stuns you.
- Hex: Devour Hope (The Hag): If you’re 24 meters from a rescued Survivor, the Hex receives 1 Token. With 2 Tokens, 10 seconds after you hook a Survivor, you gain 3/4/5% Haste for 10 seconds. If there are 3 Tokens, Survivors are permanently Exposed. With 5 Tokens, you can kill a Survivor with your own hand.
- Enduring (The Hillbilly): Pallet stun duration is reduced by 40/45/50%.
Now, for your last Perk, you can stick with Hex: Undying (The Blight) to ensure Devour Hope remains. Otherwise, you can go with Barbecue & Chilli.
For the sake of add-ons, consider Umbra Salts is good to help improve your Rush turn rate. If you want to stay fast, then use Blighted Crow too.
Now that you know some of the best builds for The Blight, try to mix and match some Perks until you get something that works best with your Dead by Daylight Killer play.
Dead by Daylight is available on PC, Google Stadia, PS5, and PS4 systems, Xbox One and Series consoles, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android.