It’s time to evaluate the Dead Space Remake vs. the original Dead Space. Let’s draw a quick comparison table and see what’s new.
After a decade of absence, Dead Space is among us with an ambitious remake of its first installment that we can enjoy on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.
Dead Space Remake is a project that is unsatisfied with updating its audiovisual section and arrives in stores with many new features, improvements, and changes compared to its original version of 2008.
Dead Space Remake vs. Dead Space: What’s New?
Most Noticeable Changes
- Graphics have been remade from scratch with the Frostbite engine.
- As a result, Isaac Clarke is no longer a mute character and participates in conversations.
Dead Space Remake vs. Dead Space: New Features
- New video sequences for many key moments.
- New text files and audio logs.
- New side missions deepen some details of the story.
- The USG Ishimura ship is a single, gigantic map with all its zones interconnected without loading screens.
- New accessibility options.
- New events.
- New puzzles and mechanisms.
- New rooms.
- New traps and environmental hazards.
- New routes to reach some places.
Dead Space Remake vs. Dead Space: New Leveling System, Areas, and Bosses
- A new system of security levels blocks access to certain doors and containers of resources until advancing enough in history.
- Improved controls.
- Zero gravity zones have been redesigned completely to allow free flight, as in Dead Space 2 and 3.
- Redesigned and improved bosses.
- The enemies have modeled the different layers of skin, muscles, organs, and bones, allowing them to break progressively with our shots at the points we impact.
How to Get Line Gun in Dead Space Remake
Dead Space Remake vs. Dead Space: New Gameplay Mechanics and Weapons
- New Intensity Director system that allows the game to generate up to 1200 different random events at any given time.
- Kinesis can use the necromorphs’ limbs and sharp objects to throw weapons to impale enemies.
- Some sections take place completely in the dark.
- Many weapons have new alternative shots and better balance.
- The weapon upgrade system has been redesigned.
- New Game+ mode, where we can unlock a new ending and face new versions of the enemies.
- Extreme difficulty mode available from the beginning and has permanent death.
After comparing Dead Space Remake vs. Dead Space up close, I can confidently say it’s everything I could ask from the remake of such a beloved masterpiece and much more.
A title completely remade from scratch that, starting from the base of the original, expands and improves it in every imaginable way.
It is not just a spectacular graphical update. Still, it dares to deepen its narrative, add new content, recover the novelties introduced by its sequels, redesign entire sections, and include new mechanics and systems.
It is a familiar and known game, but at the same time, it is s something completely new that has returned to amaze, enamor and terrify us for the first time.
Dead Space Remake is available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and the EA app.