Starlight Shards are one of many incredibly useful collectible items that are found scattered throughout the world of Elden Ring. Whether consumables, key items, crafting materials, or weapons, all item types serve the purpose of helping you on the great quest you have embarked upon to claim the title of Elden Lord. In Elden Ring, Starlight Shards are listed as a consumable and can be used to gradually replenish your FP over time at a rate of 2 FP per second and up to a total of 120 FP. However, these special items are also actually a non-farmable and extremely scarce currency for the special shop run by Preceptor Selvius. For this reason, it is extremely helpful to know where to find these hard to come by commodities. This guide will provide you with all the information you need to get (and use) Starlight Shards in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring: How to Get Starlight Shards
While some Starlight Shard locations can be easily stumbled into by simply playing the game. Others will take a keen eye or certain conditions to be met, such as progress in the main story or a side quest. After coming across them, it is as straightforward as picking them up like any other item in Elden Ring. Below you will find locations of available Starlight Shards that are ripe for the picking, separated by general region.
- Able to be found right alongside the cliff on an altar, extremely close and just east of Oridys’s Rise.
- On the SE end of Limgrave, close to the bridge connecting to the Weeping Peninsula. The easiest way to reach it is to travel SE directly from the Agheel Lake South Site of Grace, it will be at the top of a cliff in a sort of circular-looking object.
- Placed out on the far west side of Stormhill, up overlooking a seaside cliff.
- Found in the Waypoint Ruins Cellar, this Starlight Shard will be a quest reward given to you by Sorceress Sellen during her quest. If given the option to ask about Master Lusat, do so and then once again choose to ask about him after you have found him in the Caelid region.
- Will be located on the SW side of Caelid. From the West Caelid Highway Site of Grace, head south and look for a broken stone chalice structure.
- Sitting near the Bestial Sanctum, the Starlight Shard will be right in front of the stone chalice in NE Caelid.
Liurnia of the Lakes:
- Find it on the cliffs on the eastern side of the region. Look for another stone chalice south of Artist’s Shack Site of Grace; it will be looking over the Gate Town Bridge and Academy Gate Town, which should both be blanketed in fog.
- High up on the Moonlight Altar plateau in SW Liurnia of the Lakes, you will be able to pick up 10 Starlight Shards and another extra one close to the cliff nearby in the Cathedral of Manus Celes.
- In The Shaded Castle, go around to the very back and watch out for a sundial in the shape of a crescent moon close to the cliffs. The Starlight Shard will be right on top for the taking.
- Pick it up along the edge of the Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast boss arena seated above the Ninth Mt. Gelmir Campsite Site of Grace once again in a stone bowl-chalice.
Mountaintop of the Giants:
- Search for another stone crescent-shaped stone artifact on the east side of Flame Peak. It should be in plain sight from there.
With a decent amount of Starlight Shards in your possession, you can now use them however you please. If you wish to spend them at the shop that Preceptor Selvius runs, head down to Selvius’s Rise in the Three Fingers sub-region of Liurnia of the Lakes. It is a short-run SE from Ranni’s Rise just right by some cliffs. For varying amounts of Starlight Shards, you can obtain Puppet Spirit Ash summons for use and assistance during the rest of your Elden Ring adventure. To unlock more Puppet Spirit Ash, go ahead and continue to progress with Selvius’ questline. Bear in mind that doing so will present you with choices that depending on what decision is made, WILL lock you out of a few questlines for characters and The Age of Stars ending, one of the main endings you can get in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring is available on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.