As gamers, it seems nearly inevitable that at some point or another we’re gonna do a little keyboard smashing. Whether it’s out of rage or some extreme dexterity in a clutch moment, it’s bound to happen. Fortnite has decided to take it a step above and actually added a keyboard-themed pickaxe for all your smashing (and material collection) needs as part of the Island Games LTM Event. Unlocking this new harvesting tool simply involves spending some time playing the current LTM and completing some simple challenges. Here’s how to get the QWERTY Axe keyboard pickaxe in Fortnite.
How to Get the Keyboard Pickaxe in Fortnite
Unlocking the new QWERTY Axe in Fortnite is fairly straightforward. First, you will want to go into the Quests tab and navigate to the Island Games Quests, which are the second page of quests. You will notice that there are a few different cumulative quests that require you to complete a certain number of Island Games Quests to unlock various wraps, emotes, and more. To unlock the keyboard pickaxe, you will need to complete 9 different Island Games Quests. These involve taking on different challenges in game modes such as Prison Breakout, Red vs. Blue Rumble, Finest 2v2, Red vs. Blue Lava, and Wildlands Survival. Once you have completed the 9 required you will find the QWERTY Axe within your Locker.
The Island Games quests (as well as the requirements for each) are as follows:
- Deal damage with Shotguns or Sniper Rifles in Red vs Blue Rumble 
- Buy legendary weapons from vending machines in Red vs Blue Rumble 
- Get eliminations in Red vs Blue Rumble 
- Buy weapons of epic rarity or higher in Prison Breakout 
- Get eliminations in Prison Breakout 
- Deal damage while inside a “Prevalent” sedan in Prison Breakout 
- Assist teammate with eliminations in Finest 2v2 
- Restore Health or Shield in Finest 2v2 
- Deal damage from above in Finest 2v2 
- Deal headshot damage in Red vs Blue Lava 
- Destroy enemy structures in Red vs Blue Lava 
- Deal damage with SMGs or Pistols in Red vs Blue Lava 
- Hunt wildlife in Wildlands Survival 
- Search containers, coolers, fridges, or tool boxes in Wildlands Survival 
- Catch Zero Point fish or Vendetta Floppers from fishing in Wildlands Survival 
Obviously, some of these quests are much easier than others and with 15 to choose from, you only need to do a little more than half of them to earn yourself the QWERTY Axe. You may have even completed some without realizing it if you’ve been involved in the LTMs since the start on Aug 31. The Island Games LTM Event will end September 8 so make sure that you have completed every challenge you can before then. Best of luck!
Our Other Fortnite Guides
Fortnite is available now via PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.