Want to know how to complete the Moon-Gazing Goron side quest in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom? Although many side quests reward players with material gains or new items, sometimes it is worth helping the NPCs for a much smaller reward. First of all, side quests should help the players learn more about the game’s world history and inhabitants, and Moon-Gazing Goron is just one of these quests. Two old Gorons want to go on vacation and look at the moon. To complete this side quest, you must help them organize their moon vacation, and today we will tell you how to do it.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Moon Gazing Goron Walkthrough
Before accepting the Moon-Gazing Goron side quest, you must complete the Yunobo of Goron City storyline in the Eldin area. Once you reach this requirement, you will unlock several side quests in this location. To accept the Moon-Gazing Goron, you need to return to the city and find two old Goron NPCs in the central part of the city on a low ledge.
As we said earlier, Gorons named Tray and Volcon wants to go on vacation and admire the moon shining. They are too old to look for a good place, so you can help them by checking out the one location that Tray remembers. To complete Moon-Gazing Goron in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, you must travel to the large cave south of the city and photograph the moon shining. Here’s how to do it.
- Head to Lake Ferona Cave south of Goron City (you’ll find the exact coordinates in the image above).
- Use the Fast Travel to Eldin Canyon Skyview Tower and head east to the lake. Near the lake, climb higher and use the Paraglider to fly to the cave entrance.
- Go straight ahead, reach the cliff edge, and make Campfire. After that, press A to sit down and select Noon to skip the time.
- Then go to the cliff, and you will see a beautiful moon shining on a stone in the middle of the lake. Switch to Photo mode and take a picture of the moon shining.
- Return to Goron City and talk to Tray and Volcon again. At this point, you will complete the quest.
Although you will receive only 100 Rupees as a reward, you did a good deed. You helped the old Gorons choose a vacation location and are one step closer to 100% Tears of the Kingdom completion. By the way, while you are in Goron City, you can complete The Hidden Treasure at Lizard Lakes side quest.
Tears of the Kingdom is available on Nintendo Switch.