Despite the fact that Hyrule is still topographically the same, the quests you’ll get into down there have changed drastically from the first game. The entire situation throughout the kingdom is quite different. Monsters are more common, ruins are falling from the sky, and in short, Link has his work cut out for him concerning side quests. That’s why it’s no surprise that there are a few sidequests that involve rescuing others in Tears of the Kingdom. Lurelin Village, the location the Ruffian Infested Village quest takes place, is overrun with monsters. In this article, we’ll talk about how you can handle the handful of monsters and complete Ruffian-Infested Village in Tears of the Kingdom.
How To Prepare for Ruffian-Infested Village in Tears of the Kingdom
The quest, Ruffian-Infested Village in Tears of the Kingdom, is more or less a requirement to defeat a bunch of enemies. While that may sound simple and easy to deal with, the exact prospect of what this quest requires is more than just simply beating multiple enemies.
For one, these enemies are all high-level monsters. So if you happen to stumble across this quest, be prepared for a lengthy fight. The enemies you’ll face in the Ruffian-Infested Village quest in Tears of the Kingdom consist primarily of Black Bokoblins, Boss Black Bokoblins, and Black Lizalfos.
How Many Recipes Are There in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom? Answered
Another word of caution worth mentioning is that you need to defeat all the enemies in a single encounter. If you die, there’s no coming back to finish the job and claim your reward. In order to get the job done, it has to be done all at once. Dying resets everything.
However, despite the nature of the quest, you can take short breaks between each wave. That means you can cook up food if you’re low, craft fresh supplies if it suits you, or restore your health to catch your breath before the next phase begins. Because of how much of a heavy gauntlet this quest can be, we have a few recommendations for you before you get started.
Tips for Ruffian-Infested Village in Tears of the Kingdom
- Consider gathering some foods that grant you extra hearts. One good example is Hearty Truffles, which provide a boost to your health.
- A defense buff is better to have than not. Foods like Ironshrooms and Fortified Pumpkins can grant this bonus.
- Make sure you’re stocked before you start the challenge. Plenty of healing items can get you through most things.
- If you look around Lurelin Village, you can find plenty of Hyrule Herbs and Palm Fruits. If you cook those into a dish, it can help create some pretty powerful healing items.
- Make sure to bring a sizable stash of weapons with you to the fight. While the monster parts can certainly be a bonus to your crafting game after this is over, you still have to defeat the enemies first. Make sure you bring your best with you.
- Concerning hearts, it may be best to have ten or more before trying this mission.
- If you’re the kind to use arrows, we recommend electrical and ice arrows for this quest.
- Armor is good to have, especially if you can manage to upgrade it a few times before you try for the quest.
How To Complete the Lurelin Village Quest in Tears of the Kingdom
Once you start the quest, the monsters will come at you in waves. These include melee-wielding monsters as well as bow-shooting ones, so keep an eye on the battlefield as you navigate and defeat enemies. If you can, consider taking out the Lizalfos first. Because they move quite quickly and suddenly, as you may have noticed, they can be the hardest to telegraph.
Taking them out first can help ensure less unaccounted-for damage as you progress. As you fight, consider taking on one group at a time. If you wander about the village enough while fighting one group, you may run into another. Keep close to one mob at a time so that you don’t get overwhelmed.
As the Tears of the Kingdom Lurelin Village quest progresses, you’ll move from the entrance of the village to different areas around the premises. This includes the ship, both on and around it. You can easily overcome the monsters with careful navigation, strategic use of resources, and skilled melee and bow combat.
Once you defeat all the monsters, the quest is complete. After saving the villagers’ homes, the Lurelin Village Restoration Project to help rebuild immediately begins. No rest for the hero of Hyrule, right?