Want to know how to get Shiny Smeargle in Pokemon GO? Pokemon GO is, without a doubt, one of the most popular Pokemon games for mobile devices. And this is not surprising since by playing it, you can get a very realistic experience of the Pokémon Trainer. What’s more, Niantic often adds new Pokémon to the game that is difficult to catch, such as Smeargle. But what about its Shiny version? Read on to find out how to get Shiny Smeargle in Pokemon GO.
How to Get Shiny Smeargle in Pokemon GO
Smeargle is a Normal-type Pokemon that is very difficult to catch. Like all artists, Smeargle avoids people and especially trainers. Therefore, catching it in the wild is very difficult and almost impossible using conventional methods. And if you want to catch Shiny Smeargle, then you have to be patient.
Smeargle loves to photobomb trainer snapshots. And its habit will allow you to catch it. Just follow these steps:
- Launch Pokemon GO and open the menu.
- Go to the item menu and find the Camera.
- Choose the Pokemon you want to take a snapshot of. And it’s worth noting that Smeargle will have the same move set as the Pokémon you choose.
- Take a snapshot.
- Check the result, as Smeargle has a small chance to photobomb your snapshot. And if you’re lucky, you’ll see this artist Pokémon in the photo.
- Go to the map menu, and you will find a Smeargle encounter near you.
Usually, you only have one chance to spawn a Smeargle on a snapshot. However, the chance is increased five times during The Festival of Colors event. And since the event will run from March 8, 2023, to March 14, 1023, you’ll have plenty of time to catch Shiny Smeargle in Pokemon GO. But it is worth noting that the chance of a Shiny Smeargle appearing is approximately 0.2%. Therefore, you must take snapshots every day during the event to get the Shiny Smeargle encounter.
That’s all you need to know about how to get Shiny Smeargle in Pokemon GO. It is a very rare Pokémon that is hard to catch. So follow our advice to try to catch its Shiny version. And while you are here, take a look at our guide on how to connect Pokémon GO to Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.