Among Coral Island’s wide variety of activities, mining goes hand in hand with farming, but not all minerals are equally helpful, and Black Opal is a prime example of this. You can’t use this gem in crafting recipes, so it is not particularly useful in the early game. On the other hand, this item will be indispensable for friendship with NPCs such as Chieftain or Archie. In addition, this gem is an effective enchantment item and an essential offering for the Rare Gems altar. And while getting Black Opal isn’t easy, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about this mineral.
Coral Island: All Ways To Get Black Opal
First of all, it is worth noting that despite the Super Rare status of Black Opal in Coral Island, you can get it in three ways:
- Get this gem from Earth or Mystery Geodes at Sanchez Brothers Blacksmith.
- Get it in by breaking Сrates and Yellow Gem Nodes in Earth Mine.
- Duplicate Black Opal using Slime of Replication.
Regardless of the method you choose, first of all, you have to go to Earth Mine. Use your pickaxe to break the Crates and Yellow Gem Nodes, and with some chance, you will get Black Opal. But it is an extremely rare drop since this gem has Super Rare status.
Also, using a pickaxe in Earth Mine, you will quickly collect a lot of Earth Geode and some Mystery Geode. You only need to take them to Sanchez Brothers Blacksmith and process the ore:
- Talk to Rafael behind the counter.
- Select the Process geode or coffer dialog option.
- Place the geodes on the anvil and pay 20 Coins to process the ore.
- There’s a chance you’ll get Black Opal, but you’ll probably be more likely to get less rare minerals.
Finally, if you have spent countless hours in the game and endless exploration of familiar caves is not to your taste, use Slime of Replication. This device works on the same principle as the Mushroom Log, but instead of mushrooms, it can duplicate rare minerals, fossils, dinosaur bones, and other ancient relics. Placing a Black Opal in this device, you must wait almost two in-game days to get two Black Opals. In addition, to unlock this device, you will have to reach Combat level 10 and then create it using the following materials:
- x20 Slime Goop
- x5 Gold Bar
- x2 Osmium Kelp Essence
- x30 Glass
How To Use Black Opal in Coral Island
As we said earlier, Black Opal is not used for crafting in the game. But you can use this super-rare mineral in several other ways:
- First, you can use one as a Precious Gems offering in the Rare altar.
- You can also give this material to some NPCs as a gift. Everyone except Pablo will be happy to receive Black Opal. At the same time, Chieftain and Archie will be especially happy to receive such a friendly gift.
- You can donate Black Opal to the city museum for 3 Town rank points.
- And finally, being a super rare mineral, Black Opal gives as much as 70 points during enchantment.
Coral Island is available on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles.