Cooking is an incredibly useful skill to have in The Sims 4, and it’s fun to do. But what happens when you get tired of cooking the same meals over and over? That’s when you download a cooking mod. Grannies Cookbook, created by Sims modder Littlbowbub, is a mod you can install to give your Sims access to their grandmother’s old cookbook and all the homemade recipes within. The mod is simple to install and contains over 150 new recipes for your Sims to make.
Grannies Cookbook: How to Install in The Sims 4
To install the Grannies Cookbook mod, follow these installation steps:
- Download the latest .package file: Go to the mod’s webpage and download the latest .package file. At this time, the latest update is 19.11.
- Move the .package file into your Mods folder: After you’ve downloaded the mod file, move it to your Mods folder. On Windows, you can find your mods under Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods. If the folder doesn’t exist yet, create it. We recommend creating a new folder inside the Mods folder called “Grannies Cookbook”, as it’ll be easier to organize later.
- Download Grannies Recipe Tin: Go back to the mod’s webpage and follow the links to “Grannies Recipe Tin.” This is where you’ll find all of the cookbook’s recipes organized into .zip folders by meal category – Meals, Appetizers, Desserts, etc. You can pick and choose what you want to download here, but we recommend doing it all.
- Extract the Recipes .zip Files: Once the .zip folder for a meal category is downloaded, extract the files into the same place as the original .package file. Repeat as many times as necessary. This is where it gets helpful to have a “Grannies Cookbook” folder inside your Mods folder.
- Download Object Add-Ons (Optional): After you’ve downloaded the .package file and all the recipes you want, there are two more files you can download to add a cookbook stand and a recipe tin to the mod in-game. They’re not necessary for the mod to work right, but they’re cute pieces of decor.
- Enable Custom Content and Mods: Launch The Sims 4. From the game’s main menu, go to Game Options, then Other, and make sure “Enable Custom Content and Mods” is checked. You’ll need to re-launch the game to make the changes apply.
How Does Grannies Cookbook Work in The Sims 4?
In The Sims 4 Build Mode, “Grannies Old Cookbook” can be found under the “Small Appliances” section of the kitchen. You can place it on any surface, then click on it in Live Mode to select a recipe for your Sim to make with the pie menu.
Once you’ve selected a recipe, your Sim will cook it like any other meal. Luckily, the recipe also comes with vegetarian and lactose-free recipes to fit your Sims’ dietary restrictions, and the recipes can be made regardless of your Sim’s cooking skill level.
You can uninstall the mod at any time by deleting the .package files from your Mods folder.
The Sims 4 is currently available on PC, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One.