In Starfield, you can join many factions, but Crimson Fleet is probably the best option if you want to diversify your gameplay. Smuggling, robbery, and murder are all waiting for you if you join this faction. Next, you will learn how to join the Crimson Fleet in Starfield. It is not difficult to do, and if you have committed crimes or transported contraband before, you may have had the opportunity. Below, we have described all the necessary steps you need to take to join the ranks of pirates.
Starfield: How To Join the Crimson Fleet Faction
As we mentioned above, it’s not that difficult to get a chance to join the ranks of pirates. In general, there are 3 main ways you can do this, namely:
- Commit a crime: If you commit a crime, theft, or murder on or around New Jemison.
- Transport contraband: If you transport contraband and fail a scanner check.
- Join the Vanguard: You can contact United Colonies SysDef at the UC Vigiliance.
If you have been caught by UC SysDef for a crime or smuggling, you will be brought to Commander Kibwe Ikande. He will intimidate you with a prison sentence and offer an alternative if you do not want to be imprisoned. The essence of the task is that you will need to infiltrate the Crimson Fleet as a representative of UC Vanguard. You will play the role of a mole to get them the information they need, and if you are caught, they will pretend they never knew you. Regardless of which option you choose, to establish contact with UC SysDef, you will eventually need to complete the Deep Cover mission we just described, which will lead you to the Crimson Fleet in Starfield.
Starfield: Deep Cover Quest
Once you’re on Cydonia as part of this quest, you can go back on your promise to Ikande and join the Crimson Fleet in Starfield. Here are the steps to complete the quest:
- Go to the Cydonia Central Hub to find Saoirse Bowden and talk to her. She can tell you information about the Crimson Fleet, but only after you pay her 1000 Credits.
- After talking to Saoirse, follow the quest marker that will lead you to Adler Kemp. In a conversation with him, you will learn that Karl Fielding owes him a certain number of credits, so you must find him and make him pay back the debt.
- After talking to Adler, again, follow the quest marker that will lead you to the Cydonia Residential area. Going down the stairs, you will notice the debtor, and you will have two options to make him pay back the debt, namely:
- We recommend choosing the first option because it is not difficult to do, and it will not take you much time.
- After you do this, come back to Adler Kemp and tell him about the results.
This will complete the mission and unlock the Rook Meets King and Burden of Proof quests. We will not describe them in full but will only tell you the main objectives of the task, after which you will be accepted to the Crimson Fleet.
Burden of Proof
This quest applies to both the Crimson Fleet and UC Vanguard, and oddly enough, these two factions are closely related. The main goal of the quest will be to infiltrate the territory and find compromising material regarding the activities of the pirate faction. By completing it, you will increase the level of trust in you among the members of the Crimson Fleet.
Rook Meets King
This is the first important mission you’ll receive from Naeva, one of the Crimson Fleet commanders. The essence of the mission is that you will need to find Austin Rake. When you find him, you can either kill him or let him go by telling Naeva that he is dead. Regardless of your choice, after completing this mission, you will be formally accepted into the faction.
After successfully completing all of the above quests, you will finally be able to get to The Key. Naeva will take you to the location and give you a full tour, after which you will meet the faction leader, whose name is Delgado.
Now you know how to join the Crimson Fleet in Starfield. Good luck!
Starfield is available now on Xbox Series S|X and PC.